1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did they make an 1100 in this style?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I was thinking they made an 1100 with a maple stock that the wood was white, Did I Imagine that or is it true?

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The 20 gauge lightweight had a maple stock. I never saw one that was white.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Remington sold alot of stock sets in natural finished Maple in the 90's most in 12ga,but I dont remember seeing a gun with one on the rack. Jeff

4. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

After looking into it a bit I think it was a white laminated stock made around 2000 limited edition field models

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I used to have a model 58 with "sun grain" maple stock.

This is not my gun, but a 58 with that style stock.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They also made an 1187 w/ maple stock and forend.

7. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

That is a picture of what I want in either 1100 or 11-87 anybody know where there is one for sale?

8. DanLee

DanLee Member

The early 1100LW 20 gauge guns often with mahogany stocks (left over from the days when the 20 was built on the standard 12-gauge frame). Mahogany isn't as dark as walnut and often looked like blond maple. I have one of the early ones and the forearm is very light.

Dan

9. jandbburch

jandbburch Member

Like Ian said, there was a limited run of 11-87's with maple stocks. Some were checkered, some were not. I could be wrong, but I believe that they were all field dimension stocks. Remington also made the 870 and 58 with the maple "Sungrain" stocks. They were also a limited run.I have a 1959 12 gauge skeet with the "Sungrain" stocks and the barrel serial numbered to the gun. It is a great shooter. I also have a 1960 (unfired) 870 20 gauge skeet with the "Sungrain" wood. I have owned this gun for many years and bought it with an extra 26" IC barrel which is still in cosmoline in its original box.These guns are a far cry from the new plastic and camo guns....although I guess that they have their place in gun history as well!

Shoot Well! Jim

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The 1187 maple buttstock was in the Remington parts catalog for many years, but the forends were not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 1100 sungrain forend