1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did the H&R Trap gun ever get released

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hoot619, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I haven't read or found anything about it being shipped to dealers.
    Did they cancel it? Ken

2. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Tron, did you ever get yours????

3. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

atterbury shooting range got a few of them

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I should have mine in a few days. I've been bugging the local shop (Guns Galore). I have a project planned.

Tron

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We have a shooter at our club that has a ventilated rib single Bbl w/MC stock
    lever break open and hand cocked hammer, heavy Bbl about 28 inches long, it is a fairly new gun, maybe that is what it is?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They only come with a 30" barrel...not the same gun. I can't get one yet for the life of me.

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Of course you know that Remington bought H&R, and in April announced they were closing the H&R plant. Who knows if they will continue producing the H&R guns elsewhere.

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

trapdady: Your web site says something about a raffle. Care to explain?

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

At Atterbury, we have some of the H&R Topper Deluxe Classics. It is for the most part the same gun but has a 28-inch barrel with a screw in Modified Choke. But is not the true Trap model.

From what I can see on the H&R website, the trap gun has an extended IM stainless steel choke tube, a 30-inch barrel and Pachmayr® trap recoil pad. Both have a glued on plastic vent rib

I shot the H&R Topper Deluxe Classic we have and it doesn't shoot too bad at all. But since it is a very light single barrel gun, it has more that it’s share of recoil. The exposed hammer is right out of the 19th century. The hefty 6+ pound trigger pull is very workable because it has NO trigger creep at all. That is the part I like about the H&R above most any of the other cheep guns like the Mossburg shotguns that I have seen. Most all the others seem to have a quarter inch of trigger creep. Since I pretty much slap a trigger.....a bunch of trigger creep is my worst enemy.

Mark

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Dave P - Sorry, we were at the Missouri Western Zone yesterday and I didn’t see your post until just now, Thanks for asking!

We are participating in the ATA’s Benefit for the SCTP teams. I know I have seen at least one person mention it on here but the details are as follows.

Grand Prize

2009 GMC Sierra with approx. MSRP of $38,670

2nd Prize – Browning BT-99 and 10 Flats of shells

3rd Prize – Beretta 391 Urika Trap shotgun and 10 Flats of shells

4th Prize – Remington 870 Trap shotgun and 10 Flats of shells

5th Prize – ATA Lifetime membership and annual subscription to Trap & Field Magazine

Winners will be drawn Friday August 15th 2008 at the Grand American!
    Need NOT be present to win!

The cost is $5 per ticket. I wasn’t sure just how we could do this by mail so I hadn't posted it here, but if you are interested, I am sure we can work that out.

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I hope no one else buys a ticket, because I've already got mine and that would make me the winner........

Help me out here guys.......I'll buy everyone a coke if you let me win that pickup.........

Of course, I'd have to take out a loan just to fill the gas tank, but what the heck........ ;)

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.