1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Remington ever make a single shot 870 Trap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by art g, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. art g

art g Member

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=103750568

Anybody know whether this gun is for real? Never heard of a Remington factory single shot 870 with recoil reducer but this sure looks like a nice piece. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Art G.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It's called an 870 Comp, and they made for a couple of three years in the early 80's. I've owned a few and still have one. Very nice soft shooters. Some parts these days are made of 100% unobtainium.

ec90t

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A few of them got cracked receivers, our club had one. don't know if it was a manufacturing issue or how it was resolved. this one cracked at the bottom where the magazine tube goes in.

Good soft shooters, Rudy Etchen had one and loved it.

HM

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Halfmile,

The one I have used to belong to Rudy. I just smile everytime I pull the trigger.

ec90t

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

yes comp, there was a reason why the recievers crack? Cant remember but did read about it some where.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The cracked recievers were mainly caused by shooting the gun without the barrel being suffeciently tightened.

ec90t

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You have the money, someone will make anything.

8. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Pretty simple and anyone that can operate a lathe should be able to turn the parts.

<a href="http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f326/dancingbear12/?action=view&current=DSCF0001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.