1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did RCBS Discontinue the GRAND?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

Did I miss where RCBS discontinued making the GRAND? I read in a thread here somewhere that RCBS is no longer producing the GRAND. I know they had problems with them initially, but I thought with their customer service reputation and engineering abilities, they had worked through this. I'm in the maket for a new machine after scrapping my MEC 9000. Now I don't know what to pick. I like the Spolar, but the price is prohibitive.

Mike

2. canyonman

canyonman Member

Absolutely not. I've been fine tuning a used RCBS Grand and they have been
    outstanding in their support. This is a great machine the trapshooting world just hasn't discovered yet. I also have three Mec 9000's and have nothing bad to say about them, however, the machining and smooth action of the Grand is only going to be found on upper end machines.

Considering the price of a new Mec 9000 vs a new RCBS Grand, you get a lot for the additional couple hundred bucks. Plus, a lifetime warranty.

3. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Not scraped, just getting better. I have one of the first to make the market in 12 ga and a newer 20 gauge. Work flawlessly. Customer support is next to none. Go to their website. Or perhaps someone on this forum has a use one to sell. Good luck. R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.