1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did not have that operation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

When I moved two blocks in New Jersey 11 years ago I had to get a new gun owners card with my new address before I could continue to exercise my rights.

It took six months. I felt violated.

One of the questions on the form was whether a new card was needed because of a change in gender. No kidding.

That really made me feel violated.

I wanted to answer "No, I have not had a cutadictomy." But reason won out.

Lou
    (Still a guy)

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When you apply for a permit here in Idaho, it comes back in less than 2 weeks

3. Bushmaster1313

This was only to get a new card with the new address.

Being New Jersey, I probably could have sped the process up if I had told them I had had the operation.

On the other hand, isn't there a prohibition on having a gun if you are really crazy?

4. soup

soup Member

LETS GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT -LOU IS NOT TALKING ABOUT A PERMIT TO CARRY A GUN OR EVEN OWN A HANDGUN>>>THIS IS JUST TO PURCHASE AND HAVE A LONG ARM-SUCH A BB RIFLE -SHOTGUN -RIFLE .

TO PURCHASE EACH HAND GUN ,AND ONLY ONE A MONTH , YOU HAVE TO GET A PERMIT WHICH IS ALSO MORE $$$$.

BUT LOOK AT HOW SAFE CAMDEN & NEWARK ARE !!!!

BILL

5. Bushmaster1313

Also need it to buy handgun ammo and you might need it to take a rifle you own to the range

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

The whole needing it for buying handgun ammo really pissed me off. I was not aware of it and I almost shit myself when I found out as I was trying to buy a box.

Also I got my first permit at 19 and it took close to a year. They "lost" the first application, but did not tell me for 6 months. Then they had the second one for the full 6 months before giving me the permit.

Recently when I moved, the old town had to send the original app to the new one. No clue what this accomplishes. It took them THREE months to send a copy to the new cop doing my application. The new guy called and sent letters three times and could not get them to send it over. He was even shocked himself at how bad they are. I generally don't wish ill on people, but the guy in charge at the old town really deserves it for being a total jackass.

7. Bushmaster1313

Even though they stomp on our Second Amendment rights at least we do not have any crime here in New Jersey.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Wait until the one-gun-a-month thing passes shortly....then I really might blow a fuse. So after full background checks for permits and a NICs check on the stop, we still can't buy more than 1 at a time?!?! And what happens to the $15 NICs fee, so instead of paying it once, I have to keep paying it every month for each gun? So now a transfer will cost $35 PER GUN?

9. mgfi26

mgfi26 TS Member

we need permits to build new houses in Indiana but not for much else.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I can just see the New Jersey form now:

"Nature of Operation (Check One): / /Chopadicoffomy / /Addadictomy

11. Charkat1

Charkat1 Member

Vpr80: One handgun a month began January 1. The much touted amendment to it passed last week.

Charlene

12. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

Here in kansas no permit needed but from what i understand in november we will vote to make gun ownership a state right i thought the 2nd amendment took care of that but any way please all ks gun owners and all that believe in freedom VOTE!!!

13. high 2

high 2 Member

I don`t think you have anything to worry about in Kansas. I had no idea things were that bad in Jersey. Oklahoma isn`t so bad after all.

14. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Bushmaster, was that you on the cruise?
    [​IMG]

15. Bushmaster1313

Not me,

I'm still a guy.

Lou

16. capvan

capvan Active Member

Here in Vermont, we go to the store, buy the gun and go out and shoot it. That's it. Nice.

Bruce

17. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

Yea Vermont is such a model of conservative politics, right! You hate New Jersey, vote with your feet, beat the rush. Was duck hunting there this past week and looked up online the duck regs. NJ sold 200,000 hunting licenses in 1970, 40,000 in 2009. Sportsmen leave the state.

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Yes but Bruce, in Vt. a very high % of the residents have HAD that operation....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.