1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Karma catch up with thief?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdtracker, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marine Stabbed by Suspected Shoplifter

November 27, 2010

Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Ga. - A U.S. Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia.

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that man was seen on surveillance cameras Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for the service branch's "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, assorted lacerations and bruises he obtained when he fell trying to run after stabbing the Marine.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was held until police arrived. The Richmond County Sheriff's office said it is investigating.

Birdtracker

2. birdtracker

it was probably icy in Georgia! Birdtracker

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Did Karma catch up with theif?

Clumsy guy. Good thing the other 3 Marines were tending to their buddy, or he may have got a beating.

4. birdtracker

this story warms my heart! birdtracker

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Semper Fi to those Marines, sticking together and always loyal ( faithful)

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

<object width="429" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=3eda80f84b62102ea6fd001ec92a4a0d&z=AGT&embed_player=1" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=3eda80f84b62102ea6fd001ec92a4a0d&z=AGT&embed_player=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="429" height="295"></embed></object>

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

According to Snopes, though the incident did appear in the newspaper, there was nothing in any of the news reports to indicate the thief was injured either before or after he was captured. That paragraph was added by whoever put it on the internet.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I can't believe folks still waste their time looking up anything on liberal, gun hating, America hating Snopes.

9. porky

porky TS Member

Shooting Coach said it as well as I believe it can be said.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"I can't believe folks still waste their time looking up anything on liberal, gun hating, America hating Snopes."</i>

Snopes tells a lot of half-truths, and cherry picks facts, to support their liberal bias. I disregard anything "verified" or "disproved" by Snopes unless some other popular fact check sites are also cited. Snopes is too unreliable to be a factual source alone.

Case in point... There was a popular email going around with 50 "facts" about Obama. Snopes disproved about a dozen and a half of the facts, and based on that, they stated the entire email was false. In reality, they cherry picked out the false facts, and ignored several that were true.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Since the prisoner in the back of the squad car was still in condition to mouth off, I would say the Marines used a lot of mercy. Anyone who stabbed a Soldier would deserve whatever he got. If he was bloodied and knocked out cold, that would have been ok with me. What is with these amoral jerks who think they can just beat and stab innocent people as a way of life?

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I blame the taxpayers. If they weren't so darned stingy this down-on-his-luck Obama voter wouldn't have been forced into a life of crime and violence to support his lifestyle. I suppose these unfortunate outcomes are inevitable when Tea Party types and other conservative Scrooges resist adequate levels of income redistribution.

Now I fear this unfortunate soul will be victimized again by the court system. Oh the horrors!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.