1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did I miss Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Yesterday morning, (Saturday 12/10/11) I stopped by the local Wally World. I needed a few groceries, beer, ammo, and a few Christmas lights. I wanted to stock up on those C9 bulbs. I heard on the news this was the last year for them. Damn government stickin their overpaid nose in Christmas lights.

Well anyway this Wally World puts their decorations and lights in the garden department. I walk in and this kid is pulling all the lights and decorations off the shelves and putting em in shopping carts. They are replacing em with spring merchandise. He said the manager said that anybody buying decorations had already purchased them and put them up and the Christmas decoration season was over. WTF? Isn't Christmas still 2 weeks away?

I'm always out of step. By the time I get in the Christmas mood it is over. Thought I might put up a few lights and they are already taking em off the shelf.

I once had a neighbor who would put up a real Christmas tree on Thanksgiving. On Christmas morning when I would walk out to get the paper she would already have her tree down and laying outside, for the garbage man to haul off. Great I would think - here it is 7am Christmas morning and it is already over.

Just bitching.
  2. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Oddly enough, I was in a grocery store two days ago and was surprised to see the whole seasonal section gutted. I was there a week ago and it was loaded with Christmas stuff. I wondered what could have set off such a massive spending spree in this economy. But there were employees still filling shopping carts with merchandise and I thought that was odd too...
    I hope it's not the result of some lawsuit that says no Christmas merchandise.
    And by seasonal section, I mean a double aisle with pallet displays, toy section, candy, decorations and the whole kaboodle. Gone...
  3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    We live in a world of just in time B.S. No storage, no inventory and if we are past the date that the bean counters determine to be the last optimum day of selling, . . . well too bad, you'll do without until it comes around again. According to sales personnel, we are already thinking about shorts tank tops and frisbees for the spring. The evolution of the sales and marketing in this country has taken several steps backward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.