1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did I do something wrong?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whosyourdaddy, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

Had a few $100 guns listed on a local website. Received an inquiry from a guy wanting to buy one. Sent him my cell number, he called me, said he would call the next day to arrange a pick up time. Same guy emails me a week later saying he still wants the gun and will call me later that day to arrange a time to pick it up. Another week goes by and I get a voicemail from this guys wife saying she wants to pick up the gun for her husband. I sent her a text saying I was not comfortable with that type of sale as it kinda resembled a straw purchase. Told her to have her husband call me to arrange pickup. Within minutes I receive a nasty email from this guy telling me he is an FFL dealer and I was ignorant and rude to his wife. I realize her picking up the gun may not have been considered a straw purchase, but I was not comfortable with the sale. Is that rude?

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

No, only cautious AND conscientious. Good for you.

3. 548

548 Guest

I would not sell it to him. And it might not hurt to come up with a neutral location besides your personal residence to make the transaction. In fact if someone is giving you that bad feeling I would just ask the local law enforcement if you could make the transaction at their office. That way you have peace of mind the purchaser is not a convicted felon. Just tell the guy the transaction is pending law enforcement approval after a criminal history check. If the guy gets all upset; just sell it to someone else who you feel comfortable with.

4. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

They are your guns. Sell them under the terms that make you comfortable.

Dave

5. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

I appreciate the responses. I usually turn these clunkers in at gun buy backs, but there were some pretty decent guns in this bunch and I just couldn't bring myself to turn these in, hoping someone would have a use for them. The smile on a kids face is priceless when Dad buys them their first gun. Thanks again guys, I was hoping I wasn't being paranoid.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I think you showed proper reserve given the guy's weird behavior.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Tell him you need to see a copy of his FFL.

8. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

Tell him he was rude for the no shows, contact BATF and say there are fishy things going on and send him an e mail that the guns will not be sod to him and to kis your a**

If you say you will do something, you do it. Full stop. Reliability is a key virtue of an honest person.

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Tell him to send copy of FFL and MO for the gun & shippng if he is having a hard time meeting up with you, Then ship the gun to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.