1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did FDR Provoke Pearl Harbor? by Pat Buchanan

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

'On Dec. 8, 1941, Franklin Roosevelt took the rostrum before a joint session of Congress to ask for a declaration of war on Japan.

A day earlier, at dawn, carrier-based Japanese aircraft had launched a sneak attack devastating the U.S. battle fleet at Pearl Harbor.

Said ex-President Herbert Hoover, Republican statesman of the day, "We have only one job to do now, and that is to defeat Japan."

But to friends, "the Chief" sent another message: "You and I know that this continuous putting pins in rattlesnakes finally got this country bit."

Today, 70 years after Pearl Harbor, a remarkable secret history, written from 1943 to 1963, has come to light. It is Hoover’s explanation of what happened before, during and after the world war that may prove yet the death knell of the West...'

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

So, was Tokyo Rose a lesbian or not?

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sheeeeees back !!!!!!

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My Father seemed to think so. A Democrat before FDR, it didn't take long for him to see the light.

Regards....Gerald

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Why Did Japan Attack Us?

Patrick J. Buchanan

12/11/01

"Of all the days that will "live in infamy" in American history, two stand out: Sept. 11, 2001, and Dec. 7, 1941.

But why did Japan, with a 10th of our industrial power, launch a sneak attack on the U.S. fleet at Pearl Harbor, an act of state terror that must ignite a war to the death it could not win? Were they insane? No, the Japanese were desperate.

To understand why Japan lashed out, we must go back to World War I. Japan had been our ally. But when she tried to collect her share of the booty at Versailles, she ran into an obdurate Woodrow Wilson...

For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'It might have been.'" A few thoughts as the War Party pounds the drum for an all-out American war on Iraq and radical Islam."

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The secret to stopping radical Islam is to find all the jihadists, kill them in the most gruesome and public display imaginable, kill their parents, their wives and their children. Use large Cat dozers to push up the pile of bodies and then let the flies and buzzards from the entire middle east eat the flesh. Then crush the bones under the tracks and use the meal to fertilize the desert.

I couldn't care less if those stinking ragheads don't like us. I DON'T LIKE THEM.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

WS-1, Tell us how you really feel?

9. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Skeet's back but whatever happened to Seattle Sue? I miss the BS that she spewed from her/his Large Mouth Always Open.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'm with you WS1, but we also need to spray pig blood all over them first

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

WS-1,

Very emotional - and very stupid. It is such attitudes that condem us to perpetual warfare. There are many people I don't like but I am not permitted to kill that stupid driver who cut me off or that agravating woman in line in front of me who can't find her cash.

There are now 7 billion people in the world, many of them poor. We are but 300 million. One day they will start to move towards those lands which have everything their's doesn't. You see, they too want to live and to insure their family's security. Guess who is in the way? Us and other prosperous nations.

This has happened before. The "migration of the tribes" or the "volkerwanderung sp?)was the end of Rome. If all of the poor people of the world invaded the US, we could do nothing to stop it, We don't have enough bullets!

This is a small planet with stretched resources and an exploding population and we, the economically blessed, are a very small number. If the Islamists don't get us the next group of poor bastards will try.

It would be a whole lot better for us to keep the peace and keep these people where they are than to try to beat them back after they start to move.

Think before you speak. Take a deep breath and THINK! A rant such as yours does no one ANY good and it certainl;y does not advance your argument.

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

YES! Mark a great big pig blood cross on their foreheads before we gut 'em and nut 'em.

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

birdogs, the soft voice of reason is seldom heard over the shouts of the zealots....

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

BigM - And WS-1 is the proof of your statement.

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Interesting article particularly when we consider our present day position with China.

From what I gather, FDR was more convinced of the need for the US to be in the war in Europe but that would never fly with the people of the US who had their fill in WWI. Getting Japan to make the first strike on us probably looked like the best way to get the country to accept the idea of going to war - too bad they hit so hard...

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Birdogs, et al.,

In order to form a more meaningful relationship, there are several things you should know about me. I am not a passivist, I am not an appeaser, and I am not stupid. Furthermore, I do not hold a world view that is designed to meet your approval.

Chamberlain may have been your hero but he was not mine.

When diametrically opposed philosophies reach critical mass, one point must fail. As regards the radical Islamist mindset, there is no compromise. It is us or them.

You know where I stand.

Respectfully,

Kit Thomas (WS-1)

17. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

You who has a passive attitude of Islams march.
    Wake up, there is no difference between Israel, the United States or Europe,all must die.
    All Infidels! They wont stop until they are dead.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It's time to play cowboys and muslims

I don't see how anybody can think they want to do anything but annihilate us and our way of living

And they are going to use our constitution and laws against us

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"keep these people where they are"........Of course the fact that they have polluted France and England just as bad as the brown wave of destruction we have coming from the south helps a lot, right?

If they were "kept where they are" we would not have any problems.

More Kumbayah crap. Their goal is an Islamic world and Shariah law. The So called "peaceful Muslims" are mighty quiet about how they feel, too.

HM

20. Trapped in Trap(TIP)

Trapped in Trap(TIP) Member

Big M: I'm with you. What are you all suggesting, that we dig FDR up and kick his ass? Whatever the reason, we won, buried our dead, and it was a long time ago and you can't do shit about it, even if you're correct.

For all you let's kick some muzzy ass crowd - you goin? Be proud of your service boys, but don't forget what the gist of what you're saying is - your kids get to go get killed, so, all I'm saying is, we ought to be careful about how we get into it with those bastards, and I've been there, so I speak from some exp. Besides, Israel is going to light the whole place up very soon, so save your cookie money for when the price of gas reflects a 40% drop in supply.
    But, not to worry, Obama's going to let some offshore leases go and build that Canadian pipeline to offset the potential loss. Wait....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.