1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did ebay change their rules about barrels/chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Did ebay change their policy about barrels and most gun parts? I know they were banned for some time after VA Tech, but it seems that they're loosening their restrictions.

According to ebay:

The following gun parts and accessories are allowed on the eBay US site only. The seller must be in the US and offer domestic shipping only:

En bloc clips

Barrels

Bolts

Choke tubes

Cylinders

Firing pins

Hammers

Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)

Slides

Trigger assemblies

I've noticed the last couple days that there are a bunch of barrels and chokes for sale, where there were previously none, which leads me to believe a quiet policy change was recently made. I've been high bidder on auctions for barrels, which were ended as a "not allowed" item, in the last month or so.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

interesting.. Myself, having been 'booted' for trying to sell choke tubes....

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Don't really surprise me, what did is that no real announcement was made, at least not that I rec'd (and a vast majority of items I purchase on ebay are gun related).

I don't think they stand a chance of regaining the sales they lost to gunbroker. I used to sell a ton of stuff on ebay, but when I sat down and calculated that you loose close to 10% of your final price in ebay and paypal fees, I decided it wasn't worth it, and haven't sold anything on there in close to a year (I've sold lots of stuff on gunbroker though).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.