1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

did custom a custom stock make difference?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i am considering building a custom stock out of a magnificent blank of turkish walnut. i allready have a magnificent piece of english walnut on my gun now, i was wondering how many of you have build custom trap stock and did it help your averages? thanks.

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi there:
    I'm going thru the process right now with Wenig and my local stock maker. I've been getting grilled for years that a custom stock is the way to go. We'll see. I'm a lefty so I have "special" needs. Dave T.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I went from a factory LH stock w/ 1/8" offset, to a PFS with a custom comb with 3/8" to 1/2" offset, targets are easier to see, easier to hit, and scores and averages are both on their way up, as well as the $ count. Fitting the gun to you rather than the other way around is the way to go. You might be able to get the gun to fit you perfectly via adjustable comb and pad, but if you're like me me and need extreme dimensions that no factory stock can afford even w/ "adjustables", custom is the way to go

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

All though not completly custom, I installed a wenig new american trap ladies model with left hand palmswell and a shorter grip to trigger length on my wifes browning gold, she doesnt shoot much or practice but she definatly looks more comfortble with the better fitting stock also her scores increased and shoots mid teens consistantly, with practice and more shooting she should improve. year to date shes shot <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>12 rounds of trap.

I also fitted same style stock to my specs, I shoot that gun very well. But prefer my XT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.