Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did choke tubes help your score

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  timberfaller 
#1 ·
Did any of you that had a good fixed choke gun that sent it out to have choke tubes installed actually see any increase in your scores?

ss

#4 ·
My opinion only - I would never buy a fixed choke gun but I also would not have tubes put in one. I think that Beretta & Browning factory chokes are hard to beat/ I like the flexibity of tubes and want to add that Wrights are some of the very best also. If you are a registered shooter then flexibility of tubes may not help or make a difference, I shoot games and sporting clays

#7 ·
I wanted a choke tube barrel for my 870 Comp and I finally found one but I don't know. I had a hard time getting my first 25 straight with it. I patterened it with my old barrel and the patters looked the same. I finally installed a modified choke tube and I got my 25 straight.

I am thinking of two things;

1. Remington put an exceptional barrel on these Comp guns and it is hard to improve on exceptional.

2. I was over comfident with the choke tube barrel and did not shoot it as hard as I did my old barrel.

The moral of the story is: If it works don't fix it. I have learned this time and time again with shotguns.

Dale Wolff

#8 ·
Chokes were not designed to improve your singles game. They were designed so you could shoot the same barrel from the 16 and the 27 without compromising (full at 16's is a compromise for most).

And they were designed so you could shoot trap AND skeet with the same gun/barrels, AND you could take on varying targets in sporting clays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.