1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone like the Beavertail forearms?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did anyone like the old true beavertail forearms that came on some BT 99s and Citoris?

I did

What would be a disadvantage to such a forearm- other than your hand is futher from the barrel? if the edge was cut in line with the barrel- I dont see a disavantage

?

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My 1st BT had the full beavertail, my '74 Pigeon has the semi. Liked 'em both, didn't miss much moving to the semi.

For the folks who flat hand the forestock, full beavertail might be ideal.

Jay

3. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

if you hold a high gun it does block your vision some, I have had bt-99's and still own 2 100's, I had the forend on my 100's trimmed down. It works for me

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had a couple of BT-99s from 72 and some of the later issues with the fat forends. The earlier model allowed more of a "hand in line with the bore" feel and made for natural pointing. At my age, I am unable to twist my wrist very far comfortably without dropping my forend elbow too low. This happens with a fat forend instead of a slimmer one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.