1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dicks vs sctp shame on you

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wallknott-k80, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallknott-k80

wallknott-k80 TS Member

i just returned from dicks sporting good where our sctp club ordered 203 flats of gun clubs an AAs the first week of dec. the price we were quoted for gun clubs was 3.58 aa 5.20 for this size order.I stated to them we wanted to buy now because we are hearing of substantial price increases in january. They confirmed our order and would be arriving in 10 days or so maybe a little slower because of christmas.I asked if we should pay for them now there rep said no just pay when they come in this was our first mistake.over the next 45 days I made 3 in store visits plus at least 10 phone calls each time i was assured they were on the way and the price would be honored.3 days ago dicks gets a new store mgr.says he cannot find anywhere that these shells were ever ordered there rep had no authority to quote that price and we would not recieve any shells and no one who was working there is employed there anymore in that dept.i told him if 5 weeks ago they had said we will not honor our price we could have purchased elsewhere now shells are 2dollars a box higher and i feel dicks owes us 4 grand he said he would like to help but couldnt. i told him our friends on ts.com wouldnt take it very well doing this to the youth of our sport and if possible i would do my best to cost them 1 million in business.please do not support these people anymore where we come from a deal is a deal if it takes hair hide an all but not in the corporate world anymore.please help us change there minds sincerely.kenny knott

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When you deal with dicks like the ones at Dick's you should get it in writing.

corporate Amerika does not recognize spoken word and a handshake.

That was how real men made an agreement.

I think if you posted the particulars, including the store location, and real names on both sides (include the club name and location), many people on this site would happily vent on Dick's. Maybe one of the chickenshit Dick's people would get orders to back water.

HM

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

One thing from dicks,,,,,Pay up front and get a reciept!!!!!! The dicks here got so backed up on rain checks for not having the ammo as advertised 1. They stopped rain checks 2 took up to 6 months to get ammo. Now dicks policy here is We have what we have thats it. They have been open over a year now with 3 gun clubs with trap/sporting/skeet/5stand. These clubs only order a few times a year for supplies. Dicks still does not order enough or get the right ammo. Think they would by now Re order what ammo is selling!!!! I have mailed off several letters about there outdoor group promotional group discount. Never once have they responded. Unfortunatly to shoot the volume I would like to Dicks is the only sorce for shells for me thats affordable. Its sucks but it is what it is.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

800-589-0487 is the group sales phone number and the above is their email address.

Copy and paste this address http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/groupsales/index.jsp?clickid=botnav_groupsales_txt

Found this from their investor page...When you submit this form, general information that addresses the subject you selected will be emailed to you. To contact our Customer Service Department directly, please call 1-877-846-9997

Halfmile is right we need specifics so we can know what to tell them.

Jerbear

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im IN, listen I just want them to do the right thing. The sports authority put several smaller guys out of business when they first came in 6,7 years ago Then dropped ammo and guns a few years later, then dicks came in. shut down the rest. no its walmart or dicks for ammo only, locally

6. wallknott-k80

wallknott-k80 TS Member

the store was dicks in madison tn. north nashville the associate i spoke to his name was jim he appeared to be 60 years old very knowledgeable about shooting sports so i figured he knew what he was doing turns out he is a part time associate but he got the prices quoted us from dept mgr and returned my call and confirmed my order.the new store mgr kevin is whom i spoke to today i ask could they make a donation to the club for the difference tax deductable he said he tried but no they offered to sell us gunclubs for cost at 5.63 thanks alot i declined.he spoke to his district mgr. to get this great concession.a company the size of dicks did not sell every shell they had in inventory when the price increase came so with a little looking around on there part they could have filled our order corrected there mistake instead i got arrogance like we dont have to and there is little you can do about it these shells were for the sctp teams at green co sportsmans club greensburg ky and the new teams we are forming at barren river gun club glasgow ky. the part i hate the most i try very hard to do what i say i will and they have made me look like a liar as i kept relaying what they were telling me to there parents so no one bougt shells waiting for our order sincerely kenny knott

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

wallknott-k80, chill, it's not your fault... you tried to help and got shafted by Dicks. Humm that didn't sound right, anyway the info I put above is the corporate customer service and group sales numbers. I say we flood their lines tomorrow and load their emails with our displeasure of how you and the kids were lied to.

JMHO...Jerbear

8. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I think the name (Dick's) is very appropriate for the stores name, but thats just my opinion.

9. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Dick's just put up a big store in our school district on an overdeveloped road. We'll see if they help our SCTP team. Doesn't look too promising for this.

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I just sent off my 2 cents worth to the email address above.

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I just left them a happy gram as well!

ec90t

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Dear wallknott-k80

Call Mark at Big Springs Clay Targets at 615 890 6360. He will be at the club this Saturday after about 9:30. He supplies many SCTP teams with ammo, and makes very little on it. He is there for the shooters.

You have probably taken the team to Big Springs to shoot SCTP. They throw the best targets in the state. Great club, great folks.

13. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

email sent i wont shop there anyways there shell sales are a joke stock 1 or 2 flats

14. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Sent my thoughts on their ethics. J.Woolsey

15. WATER TANK

WATER TANK TS Member

just put my well blessed 2 cents worth into dicks
    PLEASE BOYCOTT DICKS SPORTING GOODS

16. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I sure hope you use capitals and periods in your emails or they won't understand what you are trying to say!

17. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I said it before and I'll repeat it often DICKS SUCKS

18. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

As an assistant coach of our local SCTP team , I am always looking for buys on ammo. We were buying Rio shells ( 100 flats at a time) until the price increase. Now we are ordering direct from Federal at $43 per flat....GM, Top Guns or Estates...your Choice. Check out the SCTP home page for the details...they are located under manufacture's promotions
    krieghoff200.....Steve White

19. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Dick's hasn't figured out yet that customers don't like to feel screwed and don't forget it when they do. The marketing types that run Dick's (and Gander, Bass Pro and even Cabela's) seem to view outdoor people as a much bigger market than it really is and take the attitude that they can afford to lose a few customers if they can put another 23 cents on the bottom line. The part they don't get is that that 23 cents costs them much more than they realize. There's a big difference between people shopping for clothing and people shopping for shooting products.

I left a Dick's store on Black Friday two years ago feeling like I was tricked by their way-too-clever advertising copy ("Buy Two Get One"/new line/"Half Off!"). They sure fooled me. Trouble is, I left 12 flats of shells on their counter, walked out, and haven't been back in two years. I've seen other guys here making the same complaint about this ad copy, and they still use it, as if it's an "innocent mistake" -- one that goes uncorrected for years.

I vote with my feet.

20. Fireball

Fireball Member

I sent my email also. I got right to the point that if they don't make it right with the sctp they will lose a customer for life. Dave Finley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.