1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DICK'S SUCKS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Last Friday I went to Dick's Christiana, DE store to look at a safe. I saw one I liked and said, I would be back on Monday to get one. The clerk said that they were on sale and the sale was ending Saturday, but I could pay for it, get the sale price and pick it up on Monday. I bought and paid for one. I contacted a friend, who has a truck, and arranged for him to go with me to pick up the safe on Monday. On Monday I went to pick up the safe and was told they inadvertently had sold it to someone else. The manager promised to have one for me on Wednesday. Today (Wednesday) I called to see if it was there and was told they didn't have one, but to call next Monday and they would tell me when they might have one available. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was unavailable. I'm going over after lunch to get my money back.

Big Dave

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Big Dave ... mistakes do happen and sometimes those mistakes really suck the big one but before ya stomp in and begin demanding your money back have you considered maybe trying to work this to your advantage at all?

Maybe if they see your upset about this but still have a positive attitude possibly they might give ya some store credit for your troubles? It might be worth it if that credit was worth a flat or two of shells.

Maybe if they see your upset about this but still have a positive attitude possibly you might be able to get them to deliver it and tote it in your house for free/? Now wouldn't that be a deal right there?

If they see your frustrated and upset but still have a compromising attitude they might do many different things to keep a customer happy ... but they might just not give a damn and wont care ... but if you go in all upset and mad they will probably just laugh about it and talk about you after you leave.

Good luck and are ya gonna stop for any food while your out to lunch? If you do what ya gonna get?

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Backstreet Girls have an album out Named "Sick My Duck", I had to blink twice when I read it.

HM

4. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Smart advice from the "Old Sage". I've told everyone here that Lumper is a lot smarter than they think.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

deleted

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I have to agree with Lumper on making them take it to you house and put it where you want it. Try also to get say 2 flats of shells also. If they don't agree with that then raise all the hell you want.

If I sold a item that size and the customer could not move it till days later I would put tape all round the item and mark SOLD all over the tape. Also I would have the owner set the number of the safe to what he wanted them to be. That way No ONE could open it and there for no one would want to buy a safe that they can not see inside. What they did was wrong.

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Moderator has nothing to do. Jeff

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... maybe it was actually sold before you bought it to somebody else and they came and got it between the time they sold it to you and you came to pick it up ... has anyone possibly considered that possibility?

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

He has a paid in full receipt for that safe model. Tell them your attorney will find out where your safe is. They will be glad to deliver it to you. Hap

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Take them to court! All it took for me was one trip to Dicks about a year ago!

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Dave....

Call me, I'm only 15 minutes away from that store. I still have very good powers of persuasion and problem solving techniques.

Curt

12. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Hip,

He's talking about the store named Dick's. Sorry, couldn't help it, bad fingers!

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Big Dave I went through that same BS in Pittsburgh. I finally got my money back. MIKE

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Big Dave,
    If your really big as your handle implies, go kick some butt. Ben

15. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I just returned from Dick's, I was calm and polite. I found the manager, that was previously unavailable, and asked him where my safe was. He said he was sorry and did not know or know when one would be available. I asked him what happened to the one that had my name and a sold sticker on it, again he said "I do not know". I then asked for a refund, I received it with no problem and nothing offered by way of reinbursement for my three trips to their store, the cost of buying gas and lunch for my friend to drive his truck, to pick it up or my mental anguish. Dick's just taught me the true meaning of "SAFE SEX" !!!

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Well ... at least ya got your refund without it being picked up by somebody else.

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

DICKS'S SUCKS?

And you are just finding this out?

AJ100

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dick's is a clothing store that puts out bait.

HM

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

doggai, let us know when it finally is "delivered"........

20. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

Truer words never spoken Dick's Sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.