1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dedpair, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Was at Dick's today and bought STS/AA's for $54.90 a flat. I had just spoke to a friend who runs a gun shop and he said his cost would be $62.50 from Remington. He's one of bigger dealers in the state and was a little upset at Remington when I told him this. Sounds like double standard to me when they take care of the big box stores and hurt the ones who actually are trying to promote shooting and sportsmanship. Of course I'm not gonna pass up the price, but they should keep the price low for everyone. So all this BS about cost increases seems to be self promoted and not true fact. The same thing now with gas prices, I can't figure how it costs $.60 more than 2 months ago to produce a gallon of gas. Just sucks were forced to put up with it, I thought the Democrats were going to resolve all this, all they seem to care about is Iraq, and borderline treason with the retoric in Washington. Well that's my vent for the day. Jeff G

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Gander Mountain has Top Guns for $4.79, I just bought the same thing at WallyWorld for $3.98 (4-3-07 ) I'm sure the big box stores with their buying power can just about tell the mf'g what they're going to pay for their product.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Stores like Dicks, Home Depot, Lowe's and other large retailers enter into long term contracts with manufactures and they also buy in large enough volume from a manufacture to put inventory on there own warehouse shelves for months at a time.

You must also realize and understand that there is a possibility that ad may have been set 3 months or even longer ago. Large national retailers cant create and come up with an add overnight. I would suspect that they are already working on fall ads or will be in the next month or so and how do they know what the prices will be then unless they contract with the manufactures now?

Chances are from what Dick's can buy from Remington to supply there stores for one month is what your local dealer might buy in 5 years thus they got the buying power. Has your local dealer thought about going and buying all he can get from Dick's himself? I bet he has and will be taking advantage of that situation as long as he can.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

You counted on the Democrats do to what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

Grab your ass because the tax hikes are coming.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

dedpair... all your buddy needs to do is sell stuff that Dicks doesn't sell...... and find some more loyal friends! hahahahaha

6. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Never said he was struggling, in fact his business has over doubled since he reopened 2 years ago. His frustration are these companies selling out to the will of Dick's/Wal-Mart. Remington and others our blind to the impact it has on the small retailers. And I wasn't being disloyal, as I had just spent over $1000 there on Rio and Estates. Which bye the way, sell for more at Dick's/Wal-Mart?? And didn't buy the STS's there since he won't have them till later this month.
    Jeff G

7. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

JFC Jerbear....we're talking Dick's and the Repubs are still in office.....give it a break !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.