1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's sporting good's.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gsw7880, Jun 2, 2013.

1. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

As high priced as their ammo is every now and then you can find a good deal their. Stopped in with my daughter today to pick up my club's they had just re gripped. Not expecting much I headed over to the shooting section to find out they had AA's on sale for 74.99 a flat. 84.73 after tax take off another twenty a flat for Winchester rebate and that's pretty good deal. Rarely I purchase shell's from them, but today I bought all they had in AA'S. Just thought I would share with everybody. Also this was in the good ole state of Illinois.

George.

2. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I buy most of my shells from Dicks..they have the best prices in the area.With each purchase you can go on line,fill out a customer survey and recesive a $10 cupon for your next purchase. Gun clubs often on sale for $5.98,regular price for Top guns $6.49. hard to beat counting the $10 cupon. Also you build up points and get a $20 cupon ocassionally.

3. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Yes, I forgot to mention the twenty dollar coupon I will recieve in the mail from dick's. Gun club's were sold out because of sale.

4. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

"I bought all they had"........

What's causing the ammo shortage?

5. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Pca7ggr. Do you shoot trap? I shoot 500 to 1500 shells a week. What do you shoot? Not hoarding just shooting as much as I can.....

George.

6. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

I too shoot trap and, like you, go through a lot of shells. I'm a reloader and reloading supplies (primers, powder and shot) are difficult if not impossible to find now days.

I have no problem with buying what you need. Its the guys that "buy all they got" even if they can use it all.

7. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

I am just happy I got three flats.

8. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

roch,ny dicks had them at $79.80 a flat then rebate of $20

baught all they had 3 full flats - i left 6 boxes

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I never see deals like this at the local Dicks. They seem to be too interested in selling clothes.

10. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Just took a second look at receipt. They were 79.80 a flat forgot I used a coupon with purchase that's where the 74.99 price came about. Still a great deal, I as well left a few boxes. To get this price you had to buy in ten box increments.

George.

11. PJ MX8

PJ MX8 TS Member

Called four differant Dicks Sporting goods in Portland and Hilsboro OR this morning 3 were out of AA s, one had 30 boxs of light 7 1/2 s .The sale ad said there was a fifty box limit ,maybe everybody beat me there.Paul

12. oz

oz Active Member

all these places have a similar story. you ask for cases of ammo. they get 1 or 2 and break them open and sell them by the box. if you ask why they don't get 100 cases they say "the computer does the ordering." I say well if you don't sell any how is the computer going to know?

13. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

I purchased 30 boxes/ three flats. They rung up at the sale price. All the AA's. where taken out of the cases and stored on the shelf.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You gotta love Wal Mart. No purchase limit on shot shells and Saturday when I took this they were well stocked.

$74/Flat for STS, AA's and Nitros

grntitan_2009_2503115.jpg

15. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The only Wal-Mart stocked like that. Our six local Walmarts do not have a single box of AA's or any other quality target loads. Sending all of them to "gun friendly" Illinois is probably the reason.

16. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

I would like to know where in the world that Wally world is located. If you are smart, you won't tell anyone else. But really, where is it? You have hit the jackpot my friend!

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I don't think it is any wonder where it is. Hint: Very close to Sparta.

Good to see prices are coming down a bit though. Maybe just there.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

He's right, its no big secret. It's in Sparta, IL. I try and let people know what the stock there looks like. In my opinion, hiding where you found ammo is akin to the hoarders who buy up ammo and supplies they don't need. Are we here not all shooters? Come to Sparta and shoot and stock up. There is a 4-Day All American points shoot starting this Thursday thru Sunday at the WSRC/Sparta. Great weather predicted.

As a side note: I get a kick out of the folks who really believe Southern Illinois is not gun friendly. We have the largest Trap facility in the World and our local Wal Mart makes sure we have ammo year around. Almost everyone I know hunts and/or shoots some sort of sport. Our local High Schools all have shooting teams. How unfriendly is that.

19. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Didn't say Southern Illinois. Said Illinois. And said "gun friendly". Hunted there several times. Many of the smaller Southern Illinois dealers/stores do not understand the gun laws and will not sell you shotgun shells even though you have a valid out-of-state hunting license.

20. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Dick Them! In So. CA. Dicks carries NO ammo, guns, fishing gear, Archery, etc. So they have chosen to be a non-player and I just drive on by. No reason to shop there. Fred