1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UtahYork, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

So, I'm running errands the other night and saw this. This is a good thing, right? This is the first Dick's in the area. We do have a Sportsman's Warehouse and if you want to drive up the road, Cabela's.

[​IMG]

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Dick's are over rated.

3. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

I'm with Rich. Dicks Sporting Goods is pretty over-rated. Unless your a golfer or need some sneakers. You can pick up some fishing goods, or ammo.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Way over-priced unless they have a sale. In my area, sale prices at Dick's are generally the same as the everyday prices at the Dollar or a bit more.

Bob

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm glad to have mine.

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

They usually have a good selection of "Old Guys Rule" T shirts. Ron

7. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Dick's in an OK store, plenty of kayaks, shoes and over priced clothes.... the north face, under armour, Nike, all brand name stuff. I shop there if Scheel's doesnt have something im looking for... But generally Dicks wont have it either. I then order it from Cabelas.

8. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Dont get your hopes up. Dicks started right here, in our home town, with their very first store way back when.. Once in a while they have sales on Gun Club shells. You will have a hard time however finding one of their teenage salesmen that know what you are talking about when you ask him where are the Gun Clubs? They know Nike has a swoosh and Adidas has 3 stripes, golf clubs are on sale.....dont know about gun clubs though..........

9. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

They have pop up tents on sale.. I picked up one yesterday to replace the one destroyed in the storm at Sparta.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dick's sucks.

11. William681

William681 Member

Say what you want about Dicks.
    Oft times trashed on this site.
    I just bought 5 flats GunClubs, they price matched Bass Pro Shops advertised price of $4.97, plus I had a $30.00 coupon.
    Pretty hard to beat.
    Bill

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I was in ours once and that was once too many. I enquired at the gun department if they had any .30 MI Carbine ammo since I couldn't find it and the fellow hunted and hunted and finally asked if 30.O6 would do? Then I spent a time checking all the hundreds of boots and shoes and found, in their opinion, no one would wear B width footwear. Can't find anything to buy there......breakemall

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And that's the issue I have with Dick's... You get tempted to stop in to pick something up because they are closer than other places... only to find either they don't have it, or it's some cheap crap made by slave labor.

14. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Well, I'll watch to see if they have any good sales for the grand opening.

15. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bitch, bitch, bitch, go on down to Red's Bait n Tackle and drink a root beer.

16. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

They do carry a good selection of winter clothing. My biggest complaint is they don't stock enough ammo for their sales, usually run out of pistol ammo the same day the sale started or the day after. And they won't give rain-checks on ammo.

Wayne

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Well, at least if you have one in the area you can choose to use it or not. If you don't then you have no choice. I vote for being able to choose.

18. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

UtahYork what is the address? The Dick's at Gateway Mall is a pain to get to.

19. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

They built one here in San Diego a little over a year ago and it is worthless. No ammo at all, very little of anything in stock, and mostly sports wear.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I stopped in the Dick's out here in Arrowhead and it was a waste of time ... I asked about prices, the guy walked over looked at the sign on the shelf and said thats the price ... I asked if they give any price breaks for 100 flats or more and he said that he doubted it and walked away ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.