1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Traders, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Dick

Many on this site have written about their problems with Dick's Sporting Goods. I have something good to say.

A few days ago, I stopped by a Dick's store in Niles, Illinois to see if any of their shotgun shells were on sale. They were and I brought 2 cases to the checkout. When the cashier punched them in to the register a non-sale price came up and I mentioned it to the clerk. She called her supervisor who called the gun department. They confirmed that the shells had been on sale the previous week, but that the sale was over. I told the supervisor that there was a sign on the pallet of shells that said they were still on sale. He authorized the cashier to give me the sale price plus and additional 5% for my inconvenience. He also told me how to get an additional $10.00 coupon for the next time I was in the store. He was polite, apologetic and more than reasonable. He turned what would have been a very unhappy customer into a happy one.

2. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

Cool, you are a lucky guy.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

To bad all the stores don't operate like that.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My first and last visit at Dicks had me looking for M1 Carbine ammo and their expert looked everywhere and finally said, "Here's some 30.06 ammo, will that do?" I replied "no" and haven't returned.....breakemall

5. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

How do you get the additional $10 coupon?

Doc

6. gsw7880

gsw7880 Member

Alway's have good dealings with them. Their shells are priced high so if you wait for the them to go on sale, which is often. Sign up for their free rewards program you will receive ten dollar off coupons in the mail. I live south of Chicago and usually pay 52.41 out the door for a flat of gun club's. And then always receive a ten dollar coupon in the mail in about four weeks.

George

7. Kerz

Kerz Member

Wow, what an interesting run on this tread! The comment regarding wet bore brushing ruining barrels tkaes the cake.

8. tomr1

tomr1 Member

At the bottom of your reciept it describes the option to go on line and do a survey to recieve a $10 coupon for purchases over $50. Last month I was buying flats for 42.89 after tax.

9. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

once in a while they do a buy one get one half price ammo sale....thats when I get my 28ga aa's

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Just sign up for the awards program and get your thingy scanned each time you buy something. If someone is ahead of you in line with hundreds of dollars worth of shiny pants, let the clerk scan your thingy and get credit for the yuppie purchases.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I bet he got his back side chewed and or fired when the boss above found out.

I have seen nothing but HIGH prices on what they have and they don't carry anything that I want or need. I have found that Walmart is cheaper then Dick's.

12. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

the name says it all DICK

13. gus

gus Member

THEY ARE STILL CHEAPER THAN RELOADING WITHOUT THE LABOR

14. Auctioneer

OH one more thing. I have gone by their store when I see they are having a tent sale in the parking lot. After walking around and looking at what they had shoe's mostly I then looked at the poor girl that was working the tent and said "I take it that these are the shoes that no one wants". She just looked at me and said yeah. Now when I see the tent sale I just keep going.

15. Auctioneer

OH one more thing. I have gone by their store when I see they are having a tent sale in the parking lot. After walking around and looking at what they had shoe's mostly I then looked at the poor girl that was working the tent and said "I take it that these are the shoes that no one wants". She just looked at me and said yeah. Now when I see the tent sale I just keep going.

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The only people that get dicked at Dick's are....yep, you guessed it because they were stupid enough to get hosed.....

Remember that bad things happen to stupid people!!

Curt

FEAB9

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dick's sucks.

They have the most pathetic selection of ammo on the planet. Their camping section has a lot of low grade junk. Most of the store has clothing for other sports. Prices are high. I have gone in several times for something, and have almost always left empty handed. What a waste of time.

Cabelas ain't cheap either, but at least they have a very decent selection. Right now the two nearest Cabelas are 110 miles in either direction. Can't wait until we get one in the Portland area. In the meantime, the local Fisherman's Marine and Outdoor is one of the better stores in the area for hunting supplies.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't Google "Dicks". You get a hell've a surprise!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.