1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sporting Goods Store.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Who ever named Dick's could not have picked a better name. You shop there and you willbe DICKED. I went in and found someting for a friends birthday and when I got home checked the internet and found out that Dick's was 48% higher. I don't mind seeing say 10 20% diff but 48%+ is out of line. How do they stay in buisness? I always thought they were high when they opened up but now they have proven it.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Many retailers "stay in business" by selling products that have a high mark up to purchasers who are not well informed.

Pat Ireland

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Where's it written you can't return it?

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Years ago it seemed to me that there were many "discount" or "cut rate" sporting goods stores with out of the way locations and inexpensive stores. It now seems to me that they have all become "full price" retailers with elaborate stores and high rent locations.

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

caveat emp┬Ětor

NOUN:

The axiom or principle in commerce that the buyer alone is responsible for assessing the quality of a purchase before buying.

Always shop around first!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.