1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dicks Sporting Goods local flyers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrskeet410, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I missed a great sale on ammo (Gun Clubs for pennies/box over my reloading coasts) at my local Dicks because I was away and did not buy a Sunday paper, and so missed getting a Dicks Flyer.

Is there anyway to get Dicks local weekly flyer w/o buying a Sunday Paper?

BTW - I don't know if Gun Clubs work for your long yardages, but they are great for 12 gauge skeet.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com

Now look down towards the bottom and see the link for "Weekly Flyer" or you can just use the below link as well and follow the directions to see if there is one that week for your local area.

http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DSG/new_user_entry.aspx

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Gun Clubs are always 3.98 by the case. I just bought some a couple weeks ago.

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I got the above link that has local store option. Dunno if I can get it emailed, but checking weekly shouldn't be too onerous.

The Gun Clubs on sale were ~$32/flat.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The owner of Challenger shells told me this past weekend if I could find shells for $35 a case to purchase all I could, as prices are only going to be going higher.

6. C H S

C H S TS Member

But the Gun Clubs that they sell at my store are always the 3 dram shells instead of regular trap shells. Shoot 100 of these and my shoulder hurts the next day.

Andy

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

3.98 in that flyer. How do you get to the $32/flat price?

HM

8. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

At my local Dick's Sporting Goods, they've had shells on sale just about every other week, all spring long. Rem All Purpose, 1 oz #7 1/2 @ 1290 fps, $32.80 a flat. Gun Club 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 oz #8 $39.80 a flat. AAs or STS $54.80 a flat. When not on sale, the Gun Clubs are over $5 a box, and the AAs and STS are $6 a box.

Gander want's $6.50 a box for AAs and STS, $47 a flat for Top Guns, and had 3 dram Gun Clubs marked at over $8 a box (I assume a mislabeling).

Michael

9. dawg

dawg TS Member

Gander will match Dick's price and at least you can get full flats there instead of single boxes. When they are on sale at Dick's I just head to Gander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

"All Purpose, 1 oz #7 1/2 @ 1290 fps, $32.80 a flat"

These are 200 to a flat as they come in boxes of 20

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

halfmile - That's the price now. The sale I missed was ~$32/flat. At least that's what I was told by a friend that stumbled on the sale...and he got their last 5 flats. He's a knowledgeable shooter, so I doubt he was fooled by 20 shell boxes or some high-speed 1-ounce field load.

I guess they had to clean out their stock of the $32/flat Gun Clubs before they could have their sale on $39.80/flat Gun Clubs. Go figure????

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just got back, 42.00 plus tax for 13 boxes, using the Ildnr coupon from the fishing pamphlet. Got it off the website and ptinted it up.

Smart manager checked to see if ammo was excluded, ignored the no reproduce part, and coughed up the deal. Then the register tried to sell them for 5 bucks a box, more hassle, finally done.

42 dvided by 13 = 3.24 a box. 1 & 1/8 oz 8's at 1145 fps.

I better go do another one tomorrow.

HM

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Well halfmile, that math works. But Duh! I left my coupon expire on 5/31/07. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Guess I'll have a V-8.

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Halfmile - Thanks for the great idea. Picked up a coupon from a Fishing Commission handbook, and one from Game Commission. Went to Dick's and bought 26 boxes at ~$3.20/box (after coupon).

Since I thought Dick's might hold me to one coupon per individual, I took my wife along. The manager at Dick's said he would have honored both coupons, but I would have had to do two transaction. That's after he wanted to charge me $5.48/box. $5.48 is what the computer rang up, but he was very accomodating after I showed him the ad in the flyer.

BTW - Taking my wife meant we had to stop for a "nice lunch". "Nice lunch" is femtalk for expensive. But it was a nice lunch. Now she owes me.

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here in MI, the Dicks in Novi has the Gun Club Target loads,12 gauge, 1200 fps, 7 1/2 @ 38.90 a flat all the time. I buy flats of them when I can and have not had one dud.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dicks local flyers for stores

previous flyers dicks sporting