1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodbuster, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Good afternoon John, pm sent.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Last month I went in with a coupon and they won't take them any more unless it's an original, no computer copies.

They don't need my money anyway. I sure can buy stuff elsewhere also.

HM

3. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

even with a coupon I can go across town and by same ammo and still save a dollar or two. F--- Dick's sporting goods!

J.F.

4. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Try this fullsquad:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=29187&d=1267037045

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I noticed that these coupons have the disclaimer of not being able to be used on ammunition. I remember one poster many months ago that was able to pull one over on a young cashier at Dick's by saying, "This is NOT ammo! It's just target loads!" .....Rick

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't care if Dick's was giving them away, You will never see me in one of there stores.

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Once, just once, I won. Got the coupon for 5.99 for gun clubs if you buy a flat. they didn't have a flat so I got a rain check. It stated 4.99 a box if you buy a flat, (you were supposed to send in a rebate form to Rem. for the 10 dollar rebate making the 5.99 4.99. I went in later, found a flat, took it to checkout and they rang it up at 4.99 a box. I sent in the rebate and got my ten bucks. Net...3.99/box. the gave me the rain check back and I used it again a month later.

I felt a little guilty until I remembered the time they wouldn't even recognize the coupon I had earlier. I guess we're even.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dick's sucks.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have been buying the gun clubs from dicks for the last 6 months or so. The latest lag in receiving my rebate (took almost 3 months to get back 30 bucks) has all but decided for me that its not worth the hassle. After the rebate, coupon, and selling the hulls, I was shooting them for a little less than my handloads, but it's not enough of a savings to justify the run-around. Plus the new-to-me P/W 800+ w/ hydraulic is sitting all lonely in the reloading room whispering "feed me" LOL.

10. 3200REM

3200REM TS Member

I have never bought anything from Dicks and don't ever plan too. Everything is overpriced in my opinion. However, a buddy of mine once bought 5 cases of shells there for $5.49 each. Turns out the checker didn't know the difference between a case and an individual box. He said once the checker rang it up he put away his checkbook and grabbed his wallet instead.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

3200REM- Could what your friend did be considered stealing?

Pat Ireland

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I once went to walmart & large cans of tuna were .50 cents. I took one to the cashier and asked her to scan it & she said .50 cents was correct. I told her that there had to be a mistake so she called a Mgr. He got beligerent with me for questioning their pricing so I said fine. I went back and filled my cart ( 100 + cans of tuna super large size) The next day I went back for more & I bought it all again. That went on for a week. I ended up with about 500 cans of tuna. On Monday I went back and they changed the price to $2.50. I fed my Cat tuna for a year & donated the rest of it to the rescue mission - That Mgr does not work there any longer. I tried to be honest but he was too stubborn to admit a mistake. I consider myself honest and I tried to be but he would not accept it.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I was excited that a new Dicks is opening here soon but after reading all these posts I am not so inclined

14. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

I'ved successfully used the coupons from the coupon books, but it does take timing to determine when the shells are cheap enough for the coupon to matter.

I've never gotten a great deal!

I applied for one of their grant programs for our gun club bur received a thank you letter stating that the event had to be nearly a calendar year to qualify for stuff.

If you'r bored, you might want to spend the time checking up on it.

Good Luck,
    TNCoach

15. pdq

pdq Member

I like Dicks.

All I buy there are Remington Gun Clubs.

Last time I bought them the list was $70/flat, but on sale for $60. Remington had a rebate program going that lowered it to $50. Then with my Dicks Points Cards rebate it brought it down close to $45. Limit of 10 flats.

So, bought 10 on Saturday and then 10 on Sunday. Sent in one rebate in my name/address, the second using my step-son at his address.

Are they the most helpful people in the world? Why should I even care -- I went there to buy shells at a good price & that's what I did.

Pete

16. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I have never had a good experience in that store, I have a bit of an axe to grind with them anyway since they came to town and closed down our local favorite. How they could I will never know because their prices are so much higher. I can regurly buy Remington STS and Nitro 27's for $7.99/box not on sale from a local favorite store, or go to Dick's and buy them regular price for $9.49/box. When my favorite store has them on sale once a month for $6.99/box Dick's is always higher even with a rebate.

F--- Dick's sporting goods!

J.F.

17. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I'm with you, Pat, that would be stealing. But with that said, Dick's sucks.

EE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.