1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's shells update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dickgshot, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Durham, North Carolina - Remington All-Purpose 1 ounce 1290fps - $ 4.99, Gun Clubs
    $ 5.99, AA and STS $ 7.99. 10% off on flats.

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Same in the Rochester NY area. I was trying not to let it affect how much I shoot, but at this point it is.

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I find it extremely hard to believe this kind of price is due to the price of lead. Last year at this time, AA and STS were 5.99 a box. So what could possibly account for a 33% price increase in one year?

LMS

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

Price of lead went from $600 to almost $4000 in one year. Now it is down to about $2600 a metric ton. The $4000 was the second week of October, 2007.

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I don't know $hit about metric tons. When is it going to be about $25.00 a 25lb. bag ?

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When hell freezes over. HMB

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Spanky,
    When lead reaches $1,500 a Ton or as Hmb stated. Which ever comes first. FD

7. stskid

stskid TS Member

Just checked at Gander Mountain in Franklin, WI. STS & AA are both $8.99 per box, no discount for a flat.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

KellyPLK ... not always, I have recently seen one of there special run BT-99's which with there current clearence sale can be had for about $900 ... now is that over priced or would that not be considered one of everything.

I will fully agree with you though that there ammo and most things in the store related to our sports are far to much money but then none of us would be happy if they were selling STS or AA shells for $4.99 a box cause if that was to happen Wally World and Dicks would be $4.49 or even $3.99 a box but ... well ... they would still be overpriced at that time so I guess you right and I would be just partially somewhat wrong.

9. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

If memory serves correctly a metric ton is 2200 pounds.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Joe's $49.99 Gun Club's a flat is limited to one per customer. They have five stores in the Seattle area so, if you can afford the gas, you can shop and buy five flats. Send your girl friend if you want to double-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.