1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Sell Out!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fortycaliberglock, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fortycaliberglock

fortycaliberglock Member

Dick

I don't know if you all have heard yet, but Dick's Sporting Goods has pulled all semi-auto rifles from the shelves. They says they have suspended sale, but lets face it, they are self imposing an assault weapons ban at Dick's.

Before a bill was even introduced in Congress, let alone voted on, passed or signed into law, a company which makes its money partially through gun sales, rather than standing tough, is prematurely surrendering to the anti-gunners.

I say, until I see a black rifle on the rack again at Dick's, I will not buy anything from them. Let's see how they like the results of poking their loyal customers in the eye!

Boycott Dick's!

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good idea, let them keep all their guns

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

We ALL should call Dicks in our area and let them know that we will now boycott all their merchandise not just guns---I'm calling my Dicks store now----

George@SJB

4. normanboy

normanboy Member

If I understood the news this morning coming to work it was only the Dick's in the Newport area that put a temporary halt to selling guns. Of course it seems that facts have been scarce these days and accuracy in reporting is most definitely out the window. With that said the report I heard may have been wrong.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Many Walmarts went that way over the last few years in different parts of the country- some however have come back a little

There is a large chain of Sports Authority that dropped guns and then ammo and then safes and then all related items over the last 3 years

Less competition means higher prices and difficult access.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

And that's a surprise? Ever see a handgun in the case there? They are just a big box turd store. I doubt anyone thinks of them as a serious hunting and fishing retailer.

Just crap Chinese stuff for the novice.

They don't call them Dick's for nothing.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dick's is claiming they made this decision a long time ago and it has nothing to do with recent events.

Riiiiiight.

Just another reason to avoid Dick's, as if I needed another. Crappy inventory, scam pricing, lowest common denominator for quality, it's as if they only have a hunting, fishing and camping section to distract the dads while the soccer moms buy clothing and shoes for the kids.

8. rbk18

rbk18 Member

Discovery channel also announced today that are dropping the show American Guns. It wasn't the best show on tv, but at least they showed responsible gun ownership. Plus the wife and daughter in the tank tops didn't hurt either.

9. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

A lot more money in clothes than guns that's what they want. The sports attire market so my business will go to someone else. Tom

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I called my Dicks store---Talked to mgr and said I will boycott the whole store if they join the anti-gun croud---I don't care about compition---I'll pay more to avoid them----We all will have to stick together----It's simi-auto now---They will continue to use the drip process till the get all the guns---
    Watch the ammo nxt---JMO---George@SJB

11. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

They are just a bunch og Dicks

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Merry christmas

Bill

12. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I don't recall ever buying anything from Dick's before anyway so it won't matter to me.

Tim

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I don't recall ever buying anything from Dick's before anyway so it won't matter to me.

That the problem. It' don't matter to ME.

But it will when someone comes knocking on your door and wants to take your gun. OR worst. Shoots you when you open the door knowing you don't have a gun.

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I for one am shocked!!

Curt

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Oh, darn, I thought it was MILF'S buying things!

16. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

They are not going to take the guns you already own. They are gonna get us where the constitution doesnt protect us, AMMO. Also the price of a PMAG 30 rd magazine in cheaper then dirt last month was $12 today it is $59.99. Just for a little insight as to what is about to happen to our guns, ammo, mags and on and on. I sold my AR and all of the stuff i had for it, big regrets now....

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Cheaper Than Crap, I mean Dirt, all of a suddenly has "out of stock" listed for alot of their high capacity AR clone rifle magazines. And they stated they are suspending firearm sales for the time being. They state on their webpage they are pro-2nd amendment but it seems even they have succumbed to the public gun bashing. I guess we can count them out as really being pro-2nd amendment LOL

18. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Watch they will sell them again they will be put back on the shelf with no fan fare they are looking to please all the liberals that go there to buy other stuff ! They and walmart never had my $$$ never will now for sure !

19. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Brownells has 30 round AR PMAGs on sale for $12.99 in stock. Regular steel 30 rounders $129.99 for 10, in stock. The Gander Mountain here has the Bushmaster ORC M4 for $899, in stock, 5000 rounds new Federal 5.56 for $799.99. Hasn't dried up yet.

Wayne

20. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where the hell are the Dick's gun stores located anyway. I've heard of them, but don't know where they are. OK guys, pile it on. Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.