1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DIck's sale

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

DIck

It's amazing the way Dick's puts Federal Top Guns on sale for $4.98 but doesn't have them in stock. No rain checks either. They DO have Gun Clubs for $5.98, though.

2. mikey357

mikey357 Active Member

I've always believed that "Dick's" was APTLY NAMED....Mike S.

3. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Frank, where do you live? Top guns were on sale in Indy last week for $5.48

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The Dick's store in Victor, NY had hundreds of Gun Clubs when I was there Sat. night. I was trying to cash-in my 6 yr old rain check for 100 boxes of STS @ $4.98/box, but they only had 15 boxes and the manager said they NEVER have 100 boxes in stock. I took 10 boxes and my rain check is still good for 90 more boxes. I think the shelf price for STS was $9.79/box. Before you start dumping on me for waiting 6 years, I have been trying to use this rain check for years, but they never had enough in stock. I found a customer friendly manager who offered the 10 boxes and made a note on the rain check for 90 more (hopefully). To make it worse, I lost/misplaced 2 other STS rain checks for 50 & 100 boxes at $4.98/box. Larry Evans

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Its called BAIT AND SWITCH. Get you in the store and hope you buy something else. If they were honest they would give you a rain check. By not doing so means they are baiting you in. You can if you want to take them to court for false advertising. I forgot how much you could get from the co in ? but they will have to pay you for their false advertising.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Ours never has more than 10 AA Handicap or Nitro 27s at any one time.

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Hmmm, I might have to try the rain check thing. Lock in today's pricing for years to come. A rain check for 1000 boxes should cover me for a while.

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Maybe someone someday will take them to task and place a class action law suit on them.

Has anyone emailed or spoke to anyone at Corporate?

Bryan

9. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I've emailed their corporate office and I never received a response. If they regularly advertise products which they don't have in stock, I'd file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office. That will get heir attention...

I don't spend my dollars at their chain.

10. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

Once again I've had a good thing happen on the Federals. Went to the store, 24 boxes on the shelf, bought them. Talked to the manager, asked him if he had any more in the back. He checked, answer was no. He said he gets trucks on Tues. & Thurs. and to call him. Called him this AM, one more flat (10 boxes) came in and he would hold them for me. He said call him Thurs., I will. Good to deal with.

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Contrary to what has happened to those that partake on this site, I have had good experiences with the 2 Dick's stores in my area.

No they do not carry a large quantity of trap loads, but the last time they listed the Top Gun's at $4.98 per box, I was able to obtain 5 flats plus 2 boxes...

Most of the shells they carry are for the bunny buster's and pilgrim's anyway.

Basically I go to the store with low expectations and will be happy if I can garner 2 or 3 flats at the sale price....plus I get bonus points which I use for camping stuff for my grandson.

Curt

FEAB9

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

We don't have nearly as many outdoor superstores close to Lethbridge to screw us every which way from Sunday, just Wholesale Sports...does that make us lucky or what? We have a Bass Pro 2.5 hours away and Cabellas 5.5 hours away but I can't be bothered.....

Ron Burr

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I need a newer one.

14. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Dick's, as in SUCK DICKS!

15. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Point 1

I have found plently of shells available, but then I read the sales flyers first thing and show up at the store as soon as they open, load my 40-50 flats and go on my way.

There is always a box or two of shells on the shelf when I leave the store.

Point 2 each and every store (and this is the same as with all chains), have their own store manager and management team.

It is up to that manager and his teams to keep the stock room and shelves full.

It's like this. If you have an assistant manager in the hunting camping section and he really loves kayaking, but has no interest in gun, shells or fly fishing, which product line is he going to be paying attention to and keeping his inventory full?

Also remember, these stores have high employee turnovers and the process has to be relearned with each new employee.

Point 3

If you are not a regular in a store and never show your face there until there is a big sale on shells, and you and 25 other people make the same run on the same store, what do you think will happen?

In the modern business climate, not all stores do not have large back room or floor stock. With thousands and thousands of products and rely on central or regional warehousing. Those warehouses stock merchandise based on past sales volume.

Go in, make friends with the manager or store manager, tell them you would like to take advantage of sales on shells, tell them what brand you want and how many boxes/cases you usually buy. If enough people did this, you might be surprised by the outcome.

Of course you could complain to government and let them handle the problem for you.

16. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I'm just sayin, (CABELAS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.