1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dicks sale on shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hinkton, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Went to dicks the day after the sale on shells started. All sold out. Are you kidding me!

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Dick's is interested in getting you in the store that is the business practice they are interested in.

There was ounce a retail store in this area that would sell lead so low that he would sell out of three to four tons in 2-3 days.

All his other prices would stay the same. Just to get you in the store.

Bob Lawless

3. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

Dicks SU_KS!

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get a rain check. HMB

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

You spelled out D-I-C-K-S, but censored the word "sucks"?!?!?.....hahahahaha

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I've always had good luck with Dicks...probably bought close to 200flats over the last 3 years from them...good prices in our area and good service.

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they have raised the price and no discounts now. sometimes they have buy one get one 1/2 price but the first one is 7 bucks or so. No ad's in the news lately. Not sure when the 4.98 price on gun clubs will return. I'm a waitin. motordoc

8. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Most of the time when shells go on sale the Dick'e in Madison don't have them to start with. I just keep going back till they have them.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

In the FWIW department...I was in Dick's (Christiana Mall, Delaware) today to buy a air mattress (had a $15.00 off coupon) and I did look at the ammo and it seemed they had quite a bit.

On a scale of 1 to 10.....Dick's ranks at 1. It's a place for yuppies and pilgrims.

Curt

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't go in a dicks if they were giving shells away

11. Danny870

Danny870 Member

Shell on sale at dicks now 2/13/11. Went to two stores one had 14 boxs of gun club 7.5 other store had 4 boxs

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

They never have a full flat of anything for handicap.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Dicks is a wanna bee overpriced sports-clothing-generic-Mc kid managed waste of time...

There, I feel better.

14. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

around here they never have sts or aa's but they usually have a good supply of gun club shells and have all you want. I usually buy 10 cases at a time when they are on sale. Did not see a sale now.

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

what shells? Gun Clubs? STS? AA? please elaborate.....

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I don't have good results with gun Clubs---Much better with STS---AAs---Gold Medals and Estates--and my reloads----Must be something in my head---I keep selling off my GunClubs or trading them---JMO---George

17. pdq

pdq Member

Wouldn't go to Dick's if they were giving shells away? Really?

OK -- so they run a special:

"Remington Gun Club shells -- FREE -- Unlimited Quantity -- If out of stock you get a rain check with no expiration date".

Something tells me that you and everyone you know would be there loading up.

I've had great experience at Dicks. I wait for a combined sale and Remington rebate and get Gun Clubs for 45 - 50 a flat by the time I'm out the door and get my Points card updated. I buy 15 - 20 flats at a time. No hassles at check out.

I have no idea what all you guys are griping about. I've done the above a number of times in the last few years without a hitch.

Maybe it's my personality. I spend my time turning lemons into lemonade versus bitching to everyone who'll listen about how sour the lemons are.

Or maybe some people just like spending more money -- I don't know.

Pete

18. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

4.98 in Nashville, but no 7 1/2 all 8 and 9 shot.

I'm going to go to Gamaliel and see Geoff. I'm not the biggest fan of Nobelsport, but any 7 1/2 shell beats 8s..

TNCoach

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Dicks in the Toledo area has a sale on shells, but don't have the shells. Their discount coupon can not be used for ammo. I give up on them a long time ago! Clyde

20. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

cleaned out my local store. 3 cases of 1oz #8 and 1 case of 1.125oz #8. thanks for the tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.