1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's not honoring orders......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dick

Guess they have a "right" to change their mind......

2. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

That store is named correctly. Haven't been to one in several years. Was the cheapest place to get 16ga, but I'd rather pay more to a likeable retailer.

3. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Dicks sporting goods was founded here in Binghamton NY by Dick Stack from all accounts was a pretty good guy. His son Ed Stack is now one of the owners and CEO, whom I have met a few years back. One of his former store managers told me Eddie does not like guns. He sells them but stopped selling handguns and reloading supplies years ago. But thats OK we still have the mom and pop stores where we can do business and let Dicks continue selling basketballs and NIKE's. ed nichols

4. lboh

lboh Member

I just used the chat function on their website to ask the customer service rep to pass along my comments to management "based on recent actions Dick's has taken in regards to firearms, I will be shopping at academy sports moving forward"

Indicated the comments were being forwarded. Whether or not they are forwarded by him/her, the call center manager and probably marketing will see them.

Good riddance, academy has people willing to help and has a much better selection all around in both in sporting goods and shooting

5. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Why do you think they are called dicks

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I won't ever go back to a Dick's Sporting Goods!

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was in Academy in Amarillo about an hour ago. The place was packed. Ammo aisle was elbow to elbow. At the gun counter, 8 guys looking at pistols, and 4 guys looking at black shot guns and some rifles. No .22LR left there. Not much ammo to choose from. Found some ammo I needed, and got the hell out of there.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Welcome to Dick’s Sporting Goods.com Chat

Initial Question/Comment: Your recent cave in on firearms before any legislation was even passed was a cowardly bow to the liberals.I hope they will buy lots of Spandex and Nike from you, Because I, my family, and the 600 members of our gun club will not buy there any more.

Mark St. has joined this session!

Connected with Mark St.. Your reference number for this chat session is 90471.

Mark St.: Hello, My name is Mark, with DicksSportingGoods.com. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment in our Corporate Offices' decision to discontinue the sale of firearms. If you wish to speak with a Corporate Member regarding this issue,

Mark St.: you may contact our Corporate Office at (866) 677-4771.

9. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

F Dicks!!,
    They were always a fringe wannabe gunstore!
    same as Sports Authority..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.