1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DICK'S MAY COME TO ORANGE COUNTY CA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by E. Beaver, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

The Orange County Register had a small article in todays marketplace section and I quote: "DICK'S SPORTS CHAIN BUYING CHICK'S Dick's Sporting Goods has agreed to buy Covina based Chick's Sporting Goods for about $71 million. Chick's has stores in Yorba Linda, Laguna Hills, Ladera Ranch and Tustin at The Market Place". Might be a chance to use some of those good Dick's coupons I keep reading about.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

From what I hear, there's plenty there already.

3. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

blizzard: The nearest Dick's to Orange County CA is Henderson NV. Too far for a coupon.

4. BMC

BMC Member

Hum, that will be good if they carry ammo. They opened up a Chicks about a month ago not two blocks from my house. Imagine after all this time reading about all these great Dick's deals on ammo, to possibly have one within walking distance.

5. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

BMC it's going to be the walk home that will kill you, carrying it all back, better drive anyway...

6. BMC

BMC Member

Ha, I wouldn't try that with even one case. The GF and I went by there last night to check the place out. Unless Dicks changes the menu for what they sell and adds more "sportsman" gear, I won't be buying shells there, because there is nothing related to firearms what so ever.

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Will it be called "Chicks & Dicks"?? Sorry! Couldn't resist.

I just visited my first Dicks while on a visit to NJ. Brought back all the #9 shot,20 ga Gun clubs I could carry, as they were all of $42.80 a flat. Cheapest shells here in MT are at the local Wal-Mart but the selection is generally quite limited.

With AA's and STS's locally at $6 a box, the $4.28 Gun Clubs were a nice savings. Wish I had a Dicks someplace here in Montana. Would be worth a trip over to stock up occasionally.

FN in MT

8. brantman

brantman TS Member

am ma employee at Dicks thet bought all 15 stores, bought more stock as a result of this acquistion , hope chicks was a good acquistuion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.