1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dick's discontinuing case discount

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I was at dick's today to buy some shells and they informed me that they will be discontinuing their case discount. Thought I'd let you guys know before you waste a trip to dick's.

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I heard the same thing. I was told to look out for the flyer coming out the 28th. May have a sale.... Man I hope so.

Jerbear

3. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Still on sale in North Carolina!!!!!!!!!! plus taking $10off coupon posted on site. But inventory low........stocking shelves with Game Loads for Dove season

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What else is new, get everyone going until they are the only ones with ammo and then .........

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Great place if you are into 300% markup runnning shoes and fitness stuff.

HM

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I only buy ammo there. Maybe a can or 2 of gun scrubber when on sale.

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

Some of you boys would complain if you got hung with a new rope.

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Bought a lot of ammo there and its a new experience every time you go. I buy a lot of 16 gauge Remington Game loads for informal clays shooting from them. Went in this past Tuesday. No sales on. They had 20 boxes of 16 gauge Game Loads. No price on boxes. Sticker on shelf edge does not match the shells sitting above it. Ask the clerk in the hunting department the price on the 16 gauge loads. He said "all Game Loads are $4.99)". Didn't even bother to check the price in the computer. I asked if the 10% off per flat was still being done. Told "not this week". I took a box up front to the checkout area and asked the manager/supervisor if he could check on the price for me. He checked and it came back $4.19 per box. He also said the 10% off per flat was still being done. Went back, got all 20 boxes and walked out of the store with 20 boxes of 16 gauge for a little over $78 including tax.

A person in a different part of the country got the same shells this week for $3.38 per box. At either price still cheaper than Wal-Mart by at least a $1.25 per box. Worth putting up with the confusion.

9. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Well said Anonymous Stud!

I plan to shoot as much as I can next year and will teach part time to pay for it.

PS - The best hanging rope is made from Kentucky grown hemp. I believe that it is also soaked overnight in salt water to limit the stretch.

10. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

Congrats on getting a straight answer on availability of shotshells from anybody at Dick's; the guys at the local store here would have to be a h@ll of a lot smarter to be merely clueless! - JoeBerg

11. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I hope they dont stop the discount around here. I have one in Portsmouth, NH and one in the Danvers/Peabody area in MA. Thats the only reason I buy from them. Without the discount, it's cheaper at Wally World.

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

timb99, it made sense to me and I don't much care what makes sense to you. Actually, your version is the one that makes no sense to me. Also, neither are puns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.