1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dicks Diamond or Browning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brudford, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

Dicks sells a Franchi built Benelli imported all Beretta owned Diamond O/U
    $ 799.00. Quality seems decent ? or spend the extra and get the new Browning
    GTS, stands for Game, Targets a do all gun around 1800.00$ should I spend the extra 1000.00 $ is the browning quality that much better ? You can see this new Browning o/u in their 2007 catalog. thanks

2. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

I forgot to mention the Browning also comes with a molded case.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

End use? my thing with the gts is its a field gun. dont let the trip trigger and glow in the dark sites throw you. and a touch of engraving. Im not sure how well that franchi or where it is built. I know 2 things. You will get absolutely no support from Dicks. You could probably find a decent field citori not used much for about the same price as the franchi.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I own the Franchi Diamond and shoot it for sporting clays and skeet. The gun has a 3 year replacement warranty and the inertia trigger I had a problem with the beginning of October. I called Franchi/Benelli and got an RA#, sent it to them on the 5th and had it back on the 17th. I will buy a Franchi in the future. The problem was with the bar that holds the barrels on and I had to remove the stock to knock out the pin that held the safety/rod in, they told me if they had to replace my gun they would have sent my stock that Tron cut the comb and put and adjustable butplate on along with the new gun. My gun was fine and they replaced all the internal parts in the mono block and had it back in 8 working days.It comes with a hard case as well as choke tubes and a wrench. It takes Beretta Mobil choke tubes.

Here's the comb and pad Tron put on the Franchi stock. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25011928@N00/382331335/" title="Photo Sharing">[​IMG]</a>

The scrolling is nice as well and for $799.00 if it gets beat up in the field ...so what... <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Best part about this inexpensive gun is, it shoots where I look.

Jerbear

5. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Buy the Franchi. Spend the extra $1000.00 shooting and having fun...It should get you 2 or 3 bags of shot, maybe some wads and primers too.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Let me correct myself. Franchi/benelli has proven to be fine guns at our range. Have a few that shoot the cordobra. 1 franchi auto 1 franchi field gun. The price dicks offers is reasonable. Just no support from dicks. I by my guns from my favorite FFL. If I have any issues I take the gun to him he handles it. Even my used guns , not purchased from him. half the items I have sent out have been billed as shippng only. I really liked the Benelli Cordobra I almost bought one, just could not part with the 1600.00 they wanted for it. Another gun I was eye balling was the franchi rapture. Dicks will order you any gun. Check their special order catalog. They have some good prices. But as stated no support at all.

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

A friend of mine bought one last year and shoots skeet and clays with it at least 3 times a week. He loves it and has never had a problem.I would guess he put over 15k shots through it. I was at Dicks the other day and saw they now have a second version of that gun with gold inlay, trigger and upgraded wood
    for 200 more.

Joe

8. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

Jerbear thanks for the pics and info. I guess you are referring to disableing
    the automatic safety ? This would be a must for me shooting clays. I disabled
    my Beretta White Wing myself,is it hard with the Diamond ? It was just a simple little bar to remove.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

There is no automatic safety on this gun brudford. The Diamond has selectable barrels and for some reason the inertia rod that runs in the middle of the mono-block locked in placed and I could not get the barrels off to take home. I love the gun and for an inexpensive over/under it's a bargain. They knew what the problem was and I had it back in my hands in 8 working days. I can't even imagine that from Benelli. Sent it UPS as a repair and got it back UPS to my door. Looking at the 20 gauge right now.

Jerbear

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Excuse me but can somebody explain ... "Franchi built Benelli imported all Beretta owned Diamond O/U" ... yeah I know the relationship between Franchi and Benelli but just how is Beretta involved with it? Am I mistaken? I thought Beretta was there very own company and not a mutlicorporational conglomerate of quagmiral proportion like Benneli, Stoeger, Franchi and all the rest of the manufacturers trying to be everything to everyone but in all reality just be a company with 95% crap and 5% decent.

Just how is Beretta involved with Benelli, Franchi, Stoeger and the rest?

11. oletymer

oletymer Member

Lumper, Beretta owns those companies.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I was not aware of that ... kind of makes me wonder why I bought a Beretta instead of a Franchi or Benneli which never seemed up to par in comparison to a Beretta. No wonder all the others are lumped together under there own separate company and Beretta aint really mentioned at all.

I guess its the old keep the good separate from the rest and keep the rest somewhere else entirely.

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here's the website for Benelli.

Jerbear

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Look under Groups. All the gun names are there.

Jerbear

15. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

Lumber ; I did not know that Beretta owned all those companies either. I saw an ad on the back of a gun magazine for Beretta shotguns and they had listed all the subsideries of Beretta. Also I can not remember the mag that had a good article on that gun making region in Italy where all the guns are produced. There are hundredes of small companies that make parts not entire guns.
    One company might produce barrels,another triggers and another makes the chokes and they all sell parts to each other. I have owned the Beretta Silver Essintial and the White Lightening Berettas and their quality was on par with the Dicks Diamond but at 100-200$ cheaper. Now once you get into the 2-3000$
    Beretta price range your talking some very nice shotguns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dicksdiamond franchi shotguns