1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Coupon

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blizzard, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Click on the website URL above for 10.00 off of purchases of 50.00 or more. Gun clubs were on sale for 5.48/box when you bought a flat. With the 10.00 off coupon that brings them to 4.48/box. Not too shabby.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Says ammunition is excluded. Says "no reproductions." Not too shabby?

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In the small print, Excludes firearms and ammuntion...

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you walk in the store there is a magazine rack, the blue Little League Baseball magazine has a coupon good until 5/01/08 for $10 off $50 purchase. Good for ammo. HMB

5. chemist

chemist Member

went into Dicks in New jersey on Monday morning and they gave me the discount coupon off the shells- the NJ fishing compendium has them withy no firearms restrictions- went back that evening to return torn hip boots and for a second case and mgr said shells were no longer on sale, now 6.99 for Gun Club, and I should not have received trhe discount- just some info for the strand-

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I am completely convinced that Dick's manager make up these stories as they go along, probably to fatten the store's monthly bottom line so corp doesn't breathe too heavily down their necks. I've gotten similar cock-and-bull stories from one Dick's manager only to find the opposite being true in the store on the other side of town.

In response to a complaint filed by one of our clients last November, a rep from Dicks corp HQ has stated to him that the stores will honor any legitimate offer and/or promotion as long as the promotion is valid and the stock is available.

Morgan

7. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I printed the page 5 from the New Jersey Fish and Wildlife magazine (the URL was shown in one of the discussion threads). I also printed page 6 on the back side. Then I cut out the coupon, which showed a portion of the print ad from page 6 on the back. It sure did not look like a reproduction to me, nor did it to the store check out person. It scanned perfectly well.

What is the difference from getting the magazine in the mail and downloading your copy from the internet? Really, no difference. A coupon cut from your downloaded copy is not a reproduction. It is merely a coupon from the magazine that was delivered in the internet delivery method.

I did not have the time to download my whole copy at the time so I just downloaded pages 5 and 6. Then I cut out the ad, presented it and bought my 10 boxes for the case price of $5.48 per box and got a coupon discount of $10 which gave me a $4.48 price.

By the way, this purchase was made right after a lunch I had with 4 non-shooters who just happened to have the same coupon and they each bought 10 boxes.

Since Dick's was not selling them by the flat, but individually by the 10 box price, the 50 individual boxes in my van took a while to unload.

8. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo TS Member

I've used several of the coupons without printing the back page to it. Never had a problem with Dick's accepting them. Printing of an electronic file doesn't make it a reproduction.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The only downside is walking past miles of clothing and shoes.

Watch out for the boxes with only 20 shells.

HM

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Joe- Are you certain that "Printing of an electronic file doesn't make it a reproduction" ? What if I put a copy of a twenty dollar bill into an "electronic/magnetic file and print out copies?

I will not make any admissions on this site, but if I would reproduce a $20 bill with my scanner and lazier printer, it would look really good on the copy paper.

Pat Ireland

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hey Blizzard,

I stopped at Dick's at Eastview Mall for something, and they had Gun Clubs for sale at $7.60 a box with 10% off if you bought a flat. I proceeded to Beikirch's in East Rochester (N.Y.), and Hans has "3 DRAM ONLY" Gun Clubs on sale for $49.90 a flat, sale price good until they are gone. Thought you may be interested in knowing that for caps shells. He told me shell prices probably going to go up again in May.

Dave

12. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo TS Member

Pat,
    I think you answered your own question, saying "if I would reproduce a $20 bill". I would consider that a reproduction. If the State of NJ creates and provides an electronic version of the guide, I would think you're not reproducing that coupon, only printing the coupon they provided in their format. If you scanned the coupon from a guide or newspaper that was not provided in electronic format, yes I would think that's a reproduction. That's where I would make the distinction, but it doesn't really matter what I think, because it only matters what Dick's thinks. There are three Dick's stores about equal distance from me and all three accept the coupons printed from the web.

NOW IF ONLY THE FEDS PROVIDED THAT $20 BILL IN AN ELECTRONIC FORMAT

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thanks Dave.

For all that are bitching about the coupon, I used it last Saturday in the capacity discussed in my opening thread. Some of you guys try to find things to argue about. BTW, I used it at the Henrietta, NY store.

14. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Pat, Do you receive magazines such as Handloader via electronic distribution instead of a mailed subscription? If you do, you are allowed to download them and print them.

Any coupon from a subscription like that is a real coupon.

Printing a paper bill that you scanned into your computer is a reproduction.

There is no law that I have seen that sends you to prison for downloading an electronic delivery, but I have heard of some laws that indicate "thou shalt not try to fake out people with reproduced greenbacks"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.