1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's Again.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by panthers314, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

just came back from Dick's, they honored 7/2007 Rain Check for Gun Clubs @ 3.98/bx....scooped up my 4cs and saved $160.00.........50% off going price....

Happy Days here in Carolinas...........

2. slick50

slick50 Member

Ya .... You'll be happy until you start shooting that Gun Club junk. I'm not sure what it was but I bought 20 flats of that junk from Dick's and they didn't work well at all for me. I ended up selling all the flats just to get rid of them. Good luck

3. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

Last year Dick's had $10.00 coupons in the IL hunting / fishing license books and I took advantage of the discounts for more than a few flats of STS loads. Has anyone seen anything like that this year?

Bob

4. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

shot over 15,000 in last 2yrs.....no problems Class A, 22yd line.........

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I bought 45 cases from 3 different Dicks with the zeroxed $10 off coupons last fall. Saved a ton! The shells are just fine, can't tell the difference how they hit the target from STS's!

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I've only been shooting Trap for about 37 years so I might not know much, but I do have one question.

If these Rem. Gun Clubs and the other discount shells are so good, (can't tell the difference between them and STS),WHY DIDN'T EVERYBODY SHOOT THEM WHEN THEY WERE $2.98 OR LESS A BOX? As long as the AA and STS's were $4.00 the other stuff was JUNK. Now the big boys are $8.00 and all of a sudden the old "discount" shells are just as good as the top of the line stuff. Somebody splane that to me please.

AJ100

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

aj,

great points i think

bill

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I feel it lays in the price my self. When all the "good" brands go sky high pricewise we all start to look at ways to cut expenses and walla the "cheap" stuff is really not as bad as we all thought. Just my thought.
    I have always shot the "less" expensive stuff and never had a problem with any brand I have used vs. the "expensive" lines.

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

AJ - You have not been paying much attention. I have seen a great many great shooters using various discount shells. Doen't seem to affect them too much. - Jim

10. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

could it be called....EGO!!!

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The NJ hunting and fishing compendium has a $10 off coupon in it but I don`t buy shells so I`ll give it to someone at our club. I`d prefer to shoot my reloads as I`ve done for the past 20+ years. Last time I bought a few boxes of shells was when I hunted and then learned to load boxes of 4`s, 5`s and 6`s in various different hulls to tell the difference, which I still have 20 or more boxes on the shelf.

12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Jim Elliot, Like I used to say to my Dad when he told me,"finish your dinner, there are people starving in the world"

NAME THREE

AJ

13. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

AJ - Can name more. But Dan B., Ran S. Leo H., Ron A. and a lot more. If you point the gun in the right direction the ammo becomes secondary. And they do not seem to be starving. - Jim

14. Automan

Automan TS Member

New San Antonio location 10 dollar off mailer says "no ammunition". Anyone tried it? J Cooper.

15. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Hey Jim, when did THEY start paying for their own ammo? LOL

AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.