1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dicks AA Sale + Rebate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guinner16, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I got the below email from Dicks Sporting goods and was curious about the rebate. Its on sale for 7.98 a box (not a great deal), but it also comes with a $10 mail in rebate. I was wondering who the rebate was through. I reload so I have no plans on going to a Dicks, but figured I would post this out there for those who do buy new ammo. Maybe you get the $10 rebate on top of the $20 rebate from Winchester. If that is the case then this would be a good deal. Let everyone know if you find out the details. (Sorry I couldnt copy/paste the entire add, only bits and pieces of it)Sale is from 8/12 - 8/18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. john_carey12

john_carey12 TS Member

see the bad thing were i live they dont sell cases

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

In the past the rebate did not come from Dick's. They were "quoting" the Winchester rebate. Kind of deceiving. Marc

4. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Talk to the person at the gun counter. At my dicks they always considered 10 individual boxes to be a case. In fact before I loaded, they would open a case and scan a box 10 times because they didnt have a UPC for cases.

5. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Luvtrapguns. I was worried about that, but isnt the winchester rebate $20 a case. I saw the $10 rebate and thought it might be something different than the Winchester rebate.

6. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

guinner16

Makes sense the way you stated. I have a distrust that anyone at Dick's knows whats going on. Marc

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Even if it were 2 separate rebates, they're only going to give you one receipt to send in...

8. ring3

ring3 Member

You can ask for a duplicate reg receipt. I've gotten them many times from many retailers. They are useful when an original receipt is required for a rebate and the purchaser wants to keep one for their records.

Rob

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Yes, but one will say "Duplicate Receipt". There is no way to get 2 "original receipts", which is what the rebates specify.

There is a very high likelihood that if you send a "duplicate receipt" in with a rebate, that it will get denied.

Otherwise, whats going to prevent people from sending in 2 or more rebates per purchase using the original and however many duplicate receipts they can get printed??

10. Tree_Hopper

Tree_Hopper TS Member

In your top image there are two asterisks (**) after the "with a case purchase" language. What does the fine print at the bottom of your email state?

11. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Treehopper

[​IMG]

12. ring3

ring3 Member

I've never " double dipped" rebates for anything, never gave it much thought or saw an opportunity. I have used receipts marked "Duplicate Receipt" for rebates without any problem.

The issue would be UPC codes from the packages. If both rebates require these taken from the package then only one rebate per package could be had. That is unless one specified UPC's from individual boxes and the other specified from the case package.

I agree with tree-hopper, those asterics may refer to the whole story.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.