1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick's $6.98 STSs or AAs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tgs1420, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgs1420

tgs1420 TS Member

Dick

Last week Dicks ran 6.98 shells I called every day to see if they got any delivered, they never did ! Today I opened their ad and guess what it worked so well they ran it again. They don't give rain checks either ?

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If thats how they are going to do it they might as well have them on sale for $3.99, whats the difference if they are not going to sell them to anyone ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There is a brand new store here and I have not been there and do not plan on it

4. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I made my first trip to Dick's based on this add. They had a total of 12 boxes of STS's and 2 cases of AA's. It took 10 minutes to find a sales guy who would only sell me 9 boxes of the STS cause they aren't allowed to "sell out" to a single person. I would rather not return and don't plan to in the future. I do wish Win and Rem would dispense with the rebate crap and just price the product. It is a royal pain in the ass to get the UIC codes, etc.

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I think the vast majority of folks would much prefer to just get the rebate instantly at the cash register. It's a hassle filling out the forms, making sure you save the receipt, and cutting out the UPC code(s). Then, there's the 6-8 week wait for the rebate check to come, and when it does come, there's no identification on the envelope to let you know it IS the rebate check instead of just some more junk mail which is what it looks like. ....Rick

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

3dram8,

Thats the whole idea. Get you to buy it for the rebate and then dont bother to send in the form. They count/pray on that you dont.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do send in the forms, wait 6 weeks and I do get the rebate. This makes AA shells a little cheaper than Estate shells. If other do not want to go to the trouble, that is their choice. I go to great effort to make money and I will make an effort to save some money. I appreciate Winchester providing me with the opportunity to save a little money.

Pat Ireland

8. SeanGamble

SeanGamble TS Member

my ol man went and bought 2 cases of sts's from dicks with a 10$ gift certificate, the guy at the register got confused and gave them to us for really cheap and we did the math and he gave them to us for 3 bucks a box.

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Stopped at the Dick's in a town I was passing through enroute to a family function. It was an "Interesting" shopping trip.

Went to their gun area. Saw a couple shelves full of Gun Club but no STS other than a couple of boxes of 28 Ga. There were also a few boxes of AA in 12 ga. I asked the clerk where were the STS that the sign on the shelf listed. There were nine boxes on the boxes of clay targets in the aisle near the ammo shelves. I asked if they had a full flat and he went in back and came out with a flat of 9 shot STS. Okay I asked if they had 8.5 or 8 and he came back out with a flat of 8's.

Now the fun began. Went to the register to check out. I asked about the rebate certificate and here the clerk told me that thew rebate was only on Gun Clubs. I said that is not what the flyer said. He went and got a flyer and then said that the flyer referred to WINCHESTER STS and the shell I had were not WINCHESTER STS but Remington and there was no rebate on REMINGTON STS only on WINCHESTER STS! I pointed out that Winchester does not make STS. It is a Remington brand.

Well he could not find any rebate certificate for the STS shells. Then when I persisted, he came up with a rebate cert for some turkey loaded Remington ammo. It was only good on Solid Copper Turkey Loads. (Do they even make such a thing?) I pointed out that the rebate certificate he showed me expired on May 30 anyway and it was not the ammo advertised.

I asked him to get the store manager and the clerk said he was the Front Line supervisor. I would have walked out then but the sale was started and the credit card was already swiped. He then said he would go to the computer and print out a rebate form for this from the internet. Maybe ten minutes later he came back. (I can't help but to wonder if he hoped I would simply walk out the door but I wasn't about to leave until the transaction was canceled or completed.)

He said he could not get to the site since it seemed the web page would not open. Well I was getting a bit disturbed by all this. He finally said he would simply give me the $2.00 off at the cash register. That is what finally happened and I walked out with my shells and I paid only the after rebate price.

Before I went in to Dick's I told my wife that I expected some kind of problem. I based this on all the previous postings here. My suspicion proved to be correct. There were problems but knowing what to expect, I was somewhat ready for them. I got my one flat since there was, and it was posted as such, a ten box limit. I wonder what the result would have been if I had the resources available to buy ten boxes (flats) of ten boxes (10 flats total) since there would only have been ten boxes, even if they were cardboard boxes containing a total of 250 shells in each "box".

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My first visit to our new Dicks went like this: Me - "Do you have any .30 M1-Carbine ammo?" Clerk checking shelves - "Hmmm, I don't see anything like that; but here's some .30-06 ammo, will that do?" I laughed rudely and walked out never to return.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The Dicks in my are have the STS and AA shells on sale. 6.98 a box with a 2.00 rebate that you have to mail in. I have not gone in to see what they have on the shelves and doubt I will. They never have what I want and I don't like having to chase down a sales person.

12. diverdick

diverdick TS Member

Hey Guys, the gander mountain in my neck of the woods say they will match Dicks sale price. just bring in the ad. I'm from Kenosha,WI. You could try yours and see if they will do the same.

13. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

This reminds me of the old story about the guy who goes into a cigar store and asks for a box of ElProducto Queens. "That will be $35." Buyer says - "The store down the street sells them for $30." "Well buy them there." "They are out of them." Answer - "When I'm out of them, they are only $25."

14. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I am grateful for the low prices on AA's from Dicks...no one comes close in this neck of the woods.

Sure, it can be a bit of an adventure when you get to the cashier, but it is not entirely their fault. They scan the boxes, and it is anyone's guess as to what will come up on the register.

I usually very nicely point out the correct price (sometimes I bring the ad/flyer to the store with me), and after a few voids and other entries, they get the price right.

No big deal to me. They have even sold me AA's at sale prices when they weren't on sale because they know I am a regular, and I buy several cases at a time.

Your mileage may vary...

bluedsteel

15. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

The last time I bought shells at dicks they were the Remington Game Load 6's. On sale for 5.49 a box. The rang up 4.49 a box. I bought two flats of those. At the same time they had the Winchester Super Targets on sale for by one get one 50% off. I got two 100 round packs of the Heavy Game loads 6's and they rang up bogo 50 off as well. I guess I can't complain. It goes either way at Dick's you just gotta have a little luck on your side.

16. Jerrylaw1

Jerrylaw1 TS Member

If anyone lives near woodbridge NJ, there is a dicks in woodbridge mall. They had a TON of ammo over the weekend. The ammo would ring up the wrong price, but they dont know about the rebate and adjust the price to 4.98 for the STS and AA's. There was a guy in front of me getting 3 cases of ammo and he told me what to do. No questions at the register!!!! Perfect!! Good luck

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.