Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick

4K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Big Jack 
#1 ·
I stopped by Dicks Sporting goods in Lafayette IN. and picked up some Gun Club shot shells. Mind you I am an old grey bearded man and my shoes are older than the clerk. She required an ID to sell me the shells. I wasn't thinking and I gave her my license. Thinking about it now, I should have refused and asked to talk to the manager. Is this something that the little girl came up with on her own, or is it new store policy?

#3 ·
I have no problem showing my ID in a case like this as long as they don't start inputting my info on the license into their terminal, then it's time for a chat with the manager.

Pat

#4 ·
It probably is policy. You can't be selective when you ask for ID, or you will run into the "politically correct" police. If they don't ask you, then ask the 17 year old right behind you, they are subject to the charge of discrimination. Convince yourself that you are helping the store establish a policy of asking everyone, so the guy who starts yelling discrimination gets the same treatment. Unfortunately, this is the way things work now. Common sense doesn't enter into the equation.

I was asked for an ID to buy a drink last month. I'm 60+ and look it. Same issue.
After I got over being offended, I convinced myself I look younger than a 21 year old.

#12 ·
You can't actually expect some of these employees to be independent thinkers, do you? Most of the time when they scan a product at the register, actually computer, tells them they have to check ID. The teenage employee has no idea why the computer is asking they just do what it tells them to do. For example, have you ever seen the look on their face when the computer doesn't tell them what change to give you?

Bryan

#15 ·
We seem to trash Dick's Sporting Goods a lot, and we shouldn't. They have had
sales on ammo every week for months, and there's no place here you can buy
shells cheaper. I just bought a bunch of Gun Clubs and Supertargets for $5.48 plus tax not more than two hours ago.

#16 ·
I don't mind being carded. Make me feel younger. Sometimes ,I'll ask them if they want blood or hair samples. One guy I overheard offered a stool sample.LOL.

#17 ·
Bought some Federals at Wally World in California yesterday. Paid with credit card. Was not asked for I.D. Maybe it is a now and then thing to keep the honest folks honest in using credit cards and the bad folks away from feeling totally comfortable using a stolen credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.