1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dick Collins (NY) has left us.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I was informed yestarday that Dick Collins died at his home Sat. Nov.5. Dick was one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. He was an exceptional Gunsmith and a great shooter. I have known him since the early 60s. One of my most memorable experiences was that he was the first person I shot with to break 200x200. The mod 12 that I won the GAH was purchased from Dick in 1973 when he was with Creekside Gunshop. Those of us that knew him will truly miss him. Larry Evans

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

So sorry to hear of Dick's passing.

Over the years I had the pleasure of shooting with Dick many times. Each time was like shooting with one of the old time heros of trapshooting.

Ron Burdick

3. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

Sorry to hear about Dick, he was one of the good ones. I used to look forward to visits with him back in the days when I was on the road as a peddler of guns and shooting supplies. Condolences to the family.

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Dick was a gentleman and a great guy. Sorry to hear of his passing.

5. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

It is truely a Sad Time for me and Trap Shooting. Richard (Dick)Collins was the finest Wood Smith with a stock you could ever have met. His work is displayed in the Winchester Leather book where he is referenced as having personally cut, finished and checkered an number of gun stocks pictured as Winchesters best... one in particular is a pidgeon grade Model 12 with Dicks reference underneath as The Man / Creator. I have several guns built by or completely refinished by Dick and signed under the pads. I loved him like a father and spent a summer working with him to learn how to do checkering and stock repair. The repair and pad work turned out fine, the checkering, well even a Master like Dick could turn this sow's ear into a skilled stock finisher, ha, ha. But he never lost hope or his temper nor turned me or anyone else away, regardless.... My family number is less by One! One that will live on as long as I do in memory and spirit. Don Alderson - Warsaw, NY...

6. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

May you rest in peace Dick. We'll miss you very much. Our condolences to your family.
    Bob & Lee Giglio

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Don't know how to say it, but the shooting world has lost one of the finest, nicest people to shadow this earth.

Dick was a skillful master at the art of gunsmithing, his type of artistry is being lost each day. He spent his life making guns the way they were intended to be, a work of art.

Bless you friend.....

Dave Monahan
    South Carolina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.