1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Diana Hulls-Have You Reloaded Them?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dicksie, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

I am interested in any experiences or comments about reloading these hulls. Are the original primers Fiocchi? If not, do you know the O.D of the original primers?

2. bydnsilly3

bydnsilly3 Member

Dicksie,

Yes I have and do still. I do not know what the origional primers are. I use an overesized primer on all of the cheddite based hulls I reload. I have had loose primers in the past and just prefer to play it safe. I reload once and throw them because of the base wad issue and the fact that I have so many I do not need to reload more than once. Anything else I can help with, do not hesitate to email me.

Bill Myers

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

My home club sells about a pallet of these shells a month. We get all these hulls we can find room for. I load them once and toss them, although they will load three or four times. Use Rio primers and you will have good results. Load these hulls as Cheddites. Be mindful that the Rio primers are about as hot as the Fed 209A.

These hulls work with most any wad, as long as pressures are kept up to reasonable levels.

4. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Thank you both for the information. We have a South African customer who is having a problem with the Fiocchi primers falling out of the hulls. I was under the impression that the Fiocchi was about the largest diameter primer avaiable. I will pass this information on to him.
    Dicksie

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I have not tried the cheddites yet,

I cut my first try short when the first primer fell out, that and needing to use a grabber die before it would go into any press die was A bit more work then I usually do! The dies I use tore the steel base up if not pre sized in a grabber.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.