1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Diana ammo gone bad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old 870, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

Well I don't know what has happened to the Diana shells, but I am no longer on the Diana band wagon. For the past two years they have been the majority of what I have shot (10 cases a year) and never had a bad one. Well I just bought 10 more cases and random boxes out of different cases have left me unhappy. Probably 3 or 4 shells of every box has been a puffer. I have to check the barrel to make sure the wad comes out. People think I'm shooting reloads. If this is what they have come to I am off the band wagon.

Brian

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Brian :

I have bought some of them also because couldn't get my old brand when I first started shooting them they seemed great but the last few times I have had people say maybe 1 or 2 out of the 25 sounded weak but I couldn't really feel it being that much weaker.

I think some of it had to do with the cold weather it seems that the wads might shrink or just don't seal up as good because I can see a few flakes along the side of the wads sometimes.

Hope they are better when the weather warms up
    Foghorn

3. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have had Eley ammo that sounded like that. I assumed the wads were breaking up in the cold waether. I was shooting this ammo on cold days.

Joe Woods/Ontario

4. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

The cold weather theory makes sense, but why would it only be the Diana's that are affected? Maybe I'll stay on the band wagon until summer. But if the problem persists, I'm back off.

Brian

5. arthalony

arthalony Member

Its no the wad its the single base powder. If you want to shoot that uee import stuff try to keep it warm before you shoot. All UEE shells made in Spain do the same thing.

Dan

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I also, Am not that happy with the Diana's I picked up a few month ago In 1-1/8oz.
    They shoot so so in singles, Yes there are some "LIGHT" powder loads, just enough to break the Bird.
    Weather has little to do with this problem here in Arizona.
    I'll use them for practice and short yardage.

FYI: The Hulls reload very nicely.
    A Diana hull, Cheddite primer, 20gr of Clays, Windjammer 1-1/8 wad, 1 1/8oz if Hard shot.
    Makes for a very nice 27 yrd Handicap load.

Just my $0.02 worth

7. Full Choker 25

Full Choker 25 TS Member

Hey how do these shells performe on 25-27 yard lines

Will they be a waist for handicap

8. Full Choker 25

Full Choker 25 TS Member

Hey how do these shells performe on 25-27 yard lines

Will they be a waist for handicap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.