1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond Grade ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

I was at the club this weekend and my 101 Diamond Grade unsingle misfired, but I had no resistance at the trigger, and when I opened it, it ejected it with no dent in the primer.

I replaced the firing pins, and It still did it. A guy at the club said that maybe I should replace the ejector springs, or try my O/U forearm on the unsingle because they both have dual ejector springs.

Any help would be appreciated before I go nutts swapping parts. Thanks.

2. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Browning Guy,

If the trigger did not set and the primer wasn't dented then it sounds as if the gun didn't fully cock. I have a DG unsingle that every blue moon does exactly what you describe. A real PITA when you're in the zone and......nothing.

I suspect that the cocking cam/slide in mine is a bit worn.....I haven't had the time to fully diagnose it so I'm guessing.

Perhaps Gun Dr. or someone else could add to the thread?

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

3. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thanks Dave. OH GUN DR. :)

4. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

had a DG unsingle had same problem found out the cocking rod broke but not all the way. jus weakened it enough not to fully cock. not hard or expensive to repair good luck

5. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

6. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Sorry, I feel parts of the story are missing. why swap ejectors if the gun won't go bang? That really mystifies me. What does it do with the over/unders? Does one barrel fire and the other not? If you have replaced the firing pins, you know how to take the gun apart. With the stock off, observe: do the hammers fully cock? When pulling the trigger, does the selector engage the sear?

8. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.