1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond Dave Shaeffer Does It Again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JMO, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMO

JMO TS Member

Dave Shaeffer continued his winning streak at the Autumn Grand in Arizona last
    week, Dave ended a impressive week with the lone 99 in handicap on Sunday
    clinching another champioship. The HOA title also went to Dave. A clinic or
    lessons with Dave and Stephanie Sandler is definitely in my future, Dave and
    Stephanie are both so focused on the line and smooth to the target, it would
    be well worth the price of the clinic just to learn how to stay focused for
    100 targets.

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I bet Dave is a great coach but you will have to teach yourself to focus for 100 birds, sorry.

3. JMO

JMO TS Member

I agree I have to teach myself to focus, but any insight on how to do that
    would be a great help. Taking a clinic from two All-Americans can only help I'm sure I can learn alot from either one of them.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Blaser has already abducted a bunch of the top sporting clays shooters, so it's no surprise that they might be going after Shaeffer.

5. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have yet to shoot a 100 in the handicap but one of my All-American friends tells me that you don't have to concentrate for the entire 100 targets. He says you only have to concentrate about six seconds 100 times. You can do the math as to how many minutes that is.................

Lyle

6. JMO

JMO TS Member

Lyle, I have also been told that you only have to concentrate for a few seconds at a time but I find it difficult sometimes to refocus on what I need to do and shoot because it is my turn without being ready. I find that if I end up on a slow squad my mind really begins to wander and thought some insight on how to refocus would be a great help.

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

JMO,
    I will give you my two cents on how to re-focus. I think it comes down to having a routine. Some call it a "pre-shot routine". It is the equivalent of Tiger Woods approaching a shot with the same "waggle" each time, or a free throw shooter holding the ball or bouncing it the same way before each free throw. It is that activity that takes you to the place where you become ready to perform what is in your subconscious because it has become a brain stem level activity because of successful repetition and can be performed without thinking about it. This is what makes trap easy on days that you don't TRY TO HARD to concentrate and makes the targets look slow and HUGE!

There you have it in a nutshell from a guy who can only break an occasional 99 from the 27 and has never been an All-American.

Lyle

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

He had to think a long time about missing the first target in that $10,000. handicap. He missed the first target. What a recovery though.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

ATP71, Dave told me that he is going to start using the Blazer full time for all events at the beginning of the year. I think he's friggin nuts with respect to the way that ole Seitz works for him. I guess we'll see...

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Martin,

It's the Indian, not the arrow?

Rick in Mt.

11. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Do you all think he is making this switch without a large financial incentive?! Tom Rhoads

12. Barry C. Roach

New horse - New gun. If it works it will sell a few guns.

13. shark1

shark1 Member

Diamond Dave will win with Blaser! The guy is a champion and he will win his fair share of major shoots with Blaser. He actually might be better with a Blaser? Granted only time will tell. IMHO feel that DD will win the Grand with a Blaser! Mike Sharkey, DC

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

ATP71, Dave uses a very high held gun. Its one of the tallest of any talented shooter I've witnessed.

15. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

With respect to Blaser VS Silver Seitz, the tubes and wood can be anything Dave wants. I suspect, though, there's a big difference in lock time, and if it was me making the change, there'd be a learning curve to deal with.

In any case, Dave's remarkable performance is astonishing, when you think about his winning streak, to date.

all the best ....mike

16. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Great Shooting Dave.

Terry.

17. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's some fine shootin' no matter who's pullin' the trigger. The fact that it's a working class stiff makes it all the better. Congrat's Dave!

As far as the free gun, I think he's earned it. It's the other stuff that usually goes along with it that makes it nice. Custom fitted wood and free shells are worth their weight in gold these days, especially if you shoot very much.

Dave has undoubtably spent a great deal of money, to go along with the talent, to get where he is. A little reward is nice.

ss

18. Barry C. Roach

ATP71 - take his clinic and find out.

19. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Thank you for all the kind words. I guess i should set the record strait. I have decided to stay with Silver Seitz and be a representative for them. I am not taking anything away from blaser. They have a very good gun.I would be happy to do a clinic anywhere. just log onto my website Daveshaeffershooting.com and we can schedule a clinic.

Thank you all again
    Dave Shaeffer

20. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Well you must not shoot the Silver Seitz for doubles, so how about using them both?

What do you use for doubles?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.