1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Diagnosed with CPPD would like to Pm others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Just found out yesterday after suffering for a month what I have. It is CPPD a form of gout but it attacks the larger muscle groups in the body unlike regular gout which will hit the smaller joints. The news SUCKS as everything I enjoy at the age of 70 requires use of hands ie shooting and fishing. If any of you fellows have the same disease I would love to PM wiht you to find out how your dealing with it and more about it from a personel level.TY

2. EE

EE Banned User Banned

CPPD is *not* gout. It's not even a form of gout. A totally different chemistry is involved. But either way, a *serious* change of diet, and medication, is required. If you don't fully commit to the necessary changes in lifestyle, you WILL suffer. If you do, it can be managed very effectively.

And, get your medical advice from a doctor, or two, or three, NOT from an internet forum.

EE

3. striper

striper Member

I have done lots of reading and understand that it is not gout! I am not relying on the internet info for treatment! I appreciate your info and will aggressvely do the right things to treat this. My purpose in this post was to hear from any memebers who have CPPD and how they are managing . Readers of TS.com are willing to share all types of information that helps others. It is oit always about shooting. I was just asking anyone with CPPD to share their thought and how they are dealing with it.TY EE if you are a MD your bedside manner sucks but the info was helpful.

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I think it was just the idea that someone would go to a Trap forum for medical advice threw EE for a loop (as it did me). How could someone else's experience and treatment be germane to your individual situation?

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

striper

Really sorry to hear about your CPPD. Getting older and still trying to find ways to compensate for our ailments can be a b***h sometimes. Don't have CPPD myself, but do have severe Cervical Spondylosis due to bone spurs in the cervical vertebrae which frequently cause me a lot of problems in keeping up with trap shooting. Other than following the advice of your doctors on treatments, diet, and other ways to manage the disease, the best advice I can give you is just to grit your teeth sometimes and go out and enjoy the range despite the pain. Easy to say, hard to do. But I have shot next to so many people with even worse handicaps (wheelchairs, walkers, what have you) and so admire their determination to fight through their ailments, that it helps my determination to shoot despite sometimes excruciating shoulder, back, and arm pain. Best of luck to you and I really hope you keep up with the shooting.

Jim R

6. striper

striper Member

well I guess I was mistaken about asking someone to share how they cope with a major health problem .

7. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Jim and Claybrdr are DAMM down right mean and nasty. Striper was not asking
    for medical advise, just someone to talk with that has or as had CPPD.

If you two cannot not say anything nice, just shut up.

Striper, I know nothing of CPPD, but these two guys are real jerks.

I hope you find someout you can talk with about this.

Birddog.

8. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Striper---You are on the right track --Talk to as many people as you can that have had experience with your problem. You can learn a lot. I had colon cancer and found it very helpful to talk to others that had this type of cancer...SMOKIT

9. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Is this the CPPD that your are referring to:
    CPPD (calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition disease) is a type of arthritis caused by deposits of calcium phosphate crystals in joints.
    ??

Allen

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Sorry to be mean! Maybe this is a precursor to Obamacare. People with rare maladies being forced to ask trap shooters for medical advice. After all, where would you find a group of better fit individuals????

11. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Go away claybrdr. Striper did not ask for medical advice. He asked how others are handling the disease and still shoot. This sort of thing is called a self help group. These groups are found among open minded people in all walks of life. But then I can see where you have never heard of such.

Where did he ask for medical advice? "If any of you fellows have the same disease I would love to PM wiht you to find out how your dealing with it and more about it from a personel level."

Jump on his spelling. It is horrible but the point is clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.