1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dewey Riggins Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

On Thursday, May 12, Dewwey Riggins, age 92, passed away. Dewey was an icon in Southern Calif. trap shooting. He was a member of the North Hollywood Sportsmans Club for over 50 years and won numerous awards for his shooting ability. He was a "self made" man creating Riggins Engineering into one of the major players in the aircraft industry. Dewey was a friend to so many of us and taught this reporter how to shoot. He was an avid hunter, taking yearly trips to Canada for big game and geese. He loved shooting at NHSC, especially shooting at targets that others missed. It became a challenge to hit every target when Dewey was on the line, so that he could not shoot the one that you missed. We extend our condolences to his family. Fred Berson

2. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

It is really sad to hear about the passing of Dewey. He was a first class act and always thought about helping others before himself. I only got to know him over the past 7 years, but he was a welth of knowlage and a fine shooter. He could still shoot with one arm holding the gun and break targets from the 27 yard line not to long ago.

We will miss you Dewey.

Gary Bombalicki

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Martin and I are sorry for the loss of your friend and fellow shooter. We have Uncle Jess at home. He is also 92 years old. Feeble, but still smiling and eating like a horse.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My Condolences to the Riggins family. I had the pleasure of knowing Dewey and shooting with him several times. Dewey was a class act. Dave Bishop

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.