1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Device for holding barrels while cleaning?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bopper, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Has anyone come across a good device to hold barrels while cleaning? Thanks, Bob

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

A blond, scantily clad, cheerleader works well. Position her facing you and request that she shrug her shoulders. Place the barrel on her shoulder near its balance point and instruct her to gently hold the barrel with her hands to keep it in place.

In the event you drip solvent on her while cleaning the barrels, assure her that you will gently wipe it off. (There is no end to the convenience of blond cheerleaders.)

Rollin

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'd be more in favor of Rollins barrel holding cheerleader ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A heavy duty cardboard box about 12" long at least with V notches cut in each end at the top works fine.

Eric

5. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Here's what I use and the best solution so far. Although, I'd like to hear more about the blond!

Shoot well,

Jim

[​IMG]

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I use my hands. I bought a rod from Frenchy Frigon some years ago that has a crosspiece to stand on. The rod stays stationary and you run the barrel up and down. Very easy. Best cleaning tool I ever bought.

Bob

7. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Cat's meow!! "Best Gun Vise" by Tipton. Not inexpensive but worth every penny if you have several guns and a cleaning station in your reloading room. It will hold assembled and disassembled u/o's and just about everything else. I would not take anything for mine. Bass Pro has them and I'm sure all the catalogs have them too.

8. Mac V

Mac V Guest

9. atagym

atagym TS Member

An old bath towel on the bench works well. Protects the barrel, soaks up solvents and oil, cheap, and everyone has them.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

K-80 Jim's suggestion works great. I use one too. It has a finish that grabs the barrel so it doesn't slide when you run a rod thru the barrel.

However, I would like to see detail plans of the BCBHD (blonde cheerleader barrel holding device) with assembly and maintenence procedures. I assume they come in different barrel sizes?

11. Dutchboy

Dutchboy TS Member

I've been using one of these for years. Very handy. Works like one of those quick release glue-clamps. Nifty. HTH, Dutch.

12. chessney

chessney TS Member

I like the cardboard box idea! I use my cordless DeWalt screw gun with my rods attached.Takes no time at all...Ziggy

13. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Above it the barrel holding test.

Bellow is the one you want for her to hold the barrel to her forehead and you keep ramming the cleaning rod to the end of the choke tube. Kinda like the Head on comercial... Apply directly to your forehead...

You may have a double barrel that's hard to clean so you may need extra help.

Notice the one on the left is dressed for the job. Nice jeans.

Jerbear

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dutchboy

Here you go the other was a red x

For the heavy jobs you might need a set of these to hold in place.

fog

16. teleskier

teleskier Member

Well my wife is no longer a cheerleader but she is 5'10" with an incredible figure. After a good day of shooting we roll out the cleaning bench, she puts on her short shorts and no top and we have a cleaning fest. Its amazing how long it can take to clean a couple of guns. Mike

17. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.