1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Devi (Recurvey) 2 Days Left for acquiring HOF

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mearss1, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

Devi- Only 2 days left for this, are we near (within 5%) or far (greater than 15%) for achieving this magnificent piece of history?

skip

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    Too beautiful to Lose!

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

far by those standards. We still need help. Those of you who have pledged non-specific amounts, please email me back or call me, as your pledges have not been added in yet. I need the amounts for the total.

Jason, I will be at Elysburg this weekend shooting the event (even if it rains). When I get home on Sunday night, I will check any remaining emails, and then I will let you know what we have for a total. We still have a couple of days left to meet your requirement.

Pull out all of the stops, everyone. We are so close, but still need your help.

3. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

You have mail - make mine 2X

skip

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Devi, 2x mine also. I'd just waste it on Wine, women and shells anyway.

jim

5. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

BigM-Perazzi- Don't know you man, at least not by your handle, but I truly like your spirit! Hope we can pull this off. I'll be glad to meet you at the HOF, view this beauty together, shake hands and have a beer together. A few more like you, a few less of the detractors, and maybe we can pull this off for the benefit of all, and all those to come.

skip

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I want to "THANK" both of you for your generosity in helping out :-}

Devi has put countless hours in this quest for all trapshooting_brotherhood to enjoy for future generations. All the time spent emailing each individual willing to donate (sometimes multiple emails) and the continued individual concern upon obtaining this "keep_sake" will be a positive remembrance for her and the effort she displayed, if somehow we can pull_it_off.........

7. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

Pheasant'MAN'-

Understood. But this can't be 'if', this has to be 'MUST'. We will never, ever, get another chance like this again. Our community MUST come together to MAKE THIS HAPPEN. If we lose this, then this will say more about the character of US, then it will about the loss of of this. Our country has/was built upon the strength of our society coming together to face tough obstacles, and overcoming them. I look at this the same as I did for the 38 months (1965-1968) I spent in combat, we have to win this, the consequences of defeat are (and were) too terrible to contemplate. 500 people of goodwill donating $10.00 apiece would accomplish this, 250 people donating $20.00 would accomplish this, 125 people donating $40.00 would make this happen .. hell, 63 determined people of strong character who would donate $80.00 would save this for all time. I have doubled my pledge, and I know that my unknown, good buddy, BigM-Perazzi has doubled his. There must be more people with a since of pride and love for our sport and its history that can and will step up to the plate and be counted!

Look forward to shooting with you and the Devi Dervish, hope that soon we will ALL look on with pride to what we came together to accomplish. We are, historically and culturally, a nation of 'Can Do' people. We can, and must do this; for our sport, for children, their children and for the sense of accomplishment of doing what had to be done when it needed to be done.

Hug the dervisher for me!

skip

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Hugs will be delivered :-}

Hope to see you Tuesday afternoon.

Take care till we meet again.

9. recurvyarcher

Donations are still climbing!!! We are getting close.

I am leaving for the Keystone open, and won't return until Sunday evening. Please, you people who care, keep this thread to the top for me, and try to get some more friends, clubs, delegates, business owners to donate. I've tried my best, but we still need a little more. We are ALMOST THERE.

Maybe I can get Martin to spray his hair purple or lime green at the Grand if we make our goal?

I'll be back on Sunday. Please keep the pledges coming into my inbox until then.

Take care, all...

10. recurvyarcher

Mike...you are the BIGGEST angel there ever was. I am so very touched by your generosity, and everyone else's, too.

I sent you an email, Mike...please call me this evening if you can.

11. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Mike,

From reading the above posts I assume you have sealed the deal by putting us where we need to be....that's great man. This medal belongs in the HOF and thanks to you and all of the rest of us who have pledged we have done it. How cool is this ???? :)

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

12. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

Mike-

Thanks for putting us over the top to make this happen. We have assured for everyone that this piece of our history will remain intact and be able to be seen by all in our Hall of Fame. You, Devi and everyone that made this happen is to be congratulated for their efforts. Some, maybe many, are/were willing to see this pass out of our hands. I'm overjoyed that people of goodwill came together as one to save this. We didn't wait for 'possible' auctions, whose to say what the seller might have done with it if we had 'passed' on this, we didn't moan & groan about the ATA's lack of funding, or whatever reasons and/or constraints, we came together because we saw the reality of this in a cold hard light, and we made it happen. We Made It Happen, and that is the 'fact of the story' that is the most compelling. Others chose to 'walk on by', we didn't. Our spirit has not died yet; we dared to try and we succeeded. Posterity are the winners!
    skip

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

PBB, I'm still awaiting information on where and how to send it. Her email suggested someone in Kalifornia was setting up a web based credit card payment account to allow for quicker transfer of fees. Let me know if you know differently. I'm walking around the Great Lakes Grand with that money burning a hole in my pocket lol

Jim

14. recurvyarcher

Hi, Everyone! Happy Friday.

As soon as the account for collecting the funds is set up, I will email all of you who donated and let you know how to make out the check and where to send it. I am sending a list of the donors (with the respective amounts pledged) to Kenny Ray, so he will have a copy as well,

Each of you will get an email from me with directions on how to proceed, and I will also post it on here.

Things are progressing very well, and every person is holding up his/her end of the bargain. Thank you all.

15. PITA ; please move East

PITA ; please move East TS Member

WOW; after looking at that picture I am getting some serious flash-back to a certain TV show...........................

"Oh; WWWIIIILLLLLLBBBBUUUUURRRRR".......Mr. Ed

16. mearss1

mearss1 TS Member

PITA- What is your problem? Although I usually try very hard from not joining in on any 'personality' conflicts, you seem to manifest & exhibit a very large problem here. You didn't wish to join in on this effort, hey, your call .. .. no problem. But what is your psychological need(s) to keep coming back to post these petty, childish (not child like), personal animosity posts? Move on. Get over it. Take your medication(s) or increase the dosages. This is uncalled for. The people who do care have come together to save & pass on to posterity that which you chose, once again your choice, to walk on by from. Devi, Martin and everyone connected to this effort see this as a small triumph for OUR community. We are paying the way here, not you. You have already made your small point crystal clear, terrific, now move on again and leave this board to the responsible people who try hard to help others with succinct and cogent advice. We have enough little children here already .. .. no more required. If you personally feel that your 'children's' rights are already 'grandfathered' in by being a long term poster, then bully for you. The deed is done. We win, posterity wins!

skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.