1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeVault Stock & Gun Fit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

While I'm shooting my Guerini pretty well at the Grand. Deep in my heart I feel that the gun is not properly fitted in all dimensions to me and my shooting style. I'm thinking about going to see Dennis during the off season an get fitted for one of his stocks. Is this a crazy idea, or would it be worth the time, trouble and investment?

blade819

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

He fitted a friend of mine with one of his stocks last year and I could not believe the difference it made. This fellow was shooting well to start with also. BUT he just got better afterwards and what is amazing was that you could see the difference that the stock made in his stance from a field away. He looked so damn relaxed on the post that you would have sworn he was half asleep but the targets were turning to dust over and over again. It was truly an eye opener.

--- Chip King ---

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I need his services really bad....gotta find a way to make it happen....

4. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

worth every penny. you can buy your wood blank from Dennis, or from outside source, but either way, the service and attention you will receive is the best.

Dennis asked me when I wanted the gun delivered with the finished stock. I told him my 50th birthday was in November. That date is the exact day I received the gun.

On time, on schedule, fitted and finished as agreed, no compromise.

I could not be happier, almost 4 years later.

John Malcolm

5. Westie

Westie Member

Don't want to be rude but what price range are you talking about?

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

All your answers are at the website Westie.

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The best bang for the buck is a DeVault 391 Elite Conversion that is custom fit. For less than the price of a
    a lot of so called high end combo's you have a gun than can give them cards & spades & all the parts that can crap out can be replaced for under a $1000.00/ & I'm talking about a complete receiver & trigger assembly.

I would still be shooting one but I got spoiled by my Infinity's.

Phil Berkowitz

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

And you'd get to see the new guns he's building. Felt like a kid in a candy store.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Phil,,,,and it is STILL shooting good....

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

bigdogtx-knows what he's talking about he has my old Elite conversion==bust em all

Phil Berkowitz

11. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I would like to thank everyone for their kind reviews but I have to give credit where it is due. I have an outstanding crew that do some very fantastic work. Tracey is a great stock maker, Mike has done wonders with the finish and keeps improving the process everyday, our cad guy Bryan is responsable for all the intricate grip cap and drawing work on the special items and then there is my lovely wife who does all the checkering. I could not do all of this without the entire group all of who make up the pieces of the puzzle. Many thanks again.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

12. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Dennis's rollover stocks are second to no one. Almost as good as the rollover Harlan Cambell stocks that wenig makes. It's time to get even. Thanks Stan

13. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Which came first - Dennis' stock or Wenig's? Dennis worked with Harlan first as far as I know.

Joe

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Everything Wenig did for Harlan was to copy Harlan's Mach One---the gun which helped him become a super star. Harlan said " The Mach )ne points like the finger of God"

Phil Berkowitz

15. max trap

max trap Member

Keep in mind...with every DeVault custom stock and fitting you receive a free pie Stumpi 24 !!!

16. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

All Right Stumpi,

I had that one coming but remember it is not a roll over it is offset and there ia a difference. Also the stock that is now the Harlan Campbell Special was built here back in 2002 I believe. It was on his Perazzi MX3 Special O/U. And Cindy does not make the pie any more just to busy checkering.

Dennis DeVault

17. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Dennis,

You mentioned not a rollover, but an offset comb. Care to explain? If you have put this in a newsletter, which one?

18. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Folks my wife and I just today returned from spending three days with the Devualt crew. For the past three or so years, maybe longer, Sarah has been getting her face beat by every gun we've tried, spent big money with several fitters, all to no avail. After conversations with Dennis, Sarah and I decided to give it a try. Dennis spent no less than four hours creating a "pattern stock" for her. After the initial firings more adjustments and then to the range. After several more adjustments, more range... Short of the long, Sarah and I shot, yes I had one done as well, about three flats each of 11/8 loads and NO MARKS on her face!!! We shot doubls, caps and singles.It is difficult to relay the feeling of relief we both feel with the results. My only regrett is not having gone to him sooner. Jake

19. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

What?? No more pie?!? That's it, I'm going elsewhere for my stocks! (wink)

I've never had the pie, but I have read the newsletters. If he makes stocks as good as he writes Trap shooting advice, it would indeed be like magic.

If I had the green, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Dennis and the Crew.

20. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Dennis, how many All Americans shoot stocks you have made?

Apparently you have come a long ways since you made my MX-8 stock.

Please tell Dean I said hello.

Barry Kemper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

devualt vs wenig