1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeVault stock fitting experience

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Today was my appointment for my stock fitting with Dennis DeVault in Canton, OH. It was a great experience. He watched me mount a few times then sent it off with a craftsman for the work. He shortened the stock and installed the adjustable plate. The work was excellent. Dennis now made the necessary adjustment to get it all lined up. Then we headed to the range. On the way he took a quick call from a National Champion Skeet shooter, who is a client. While I tested the new set-up, Dennis made a few adjustments to my stance and hold position. I then shot 24/25 with a quicker and smoother than ever feeling crushing several birds.

I highly recommend Dennis for stock work or a clinic. He will take the time to make sure you are satisfied.

Dave

2. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

if you don't mind me asking what does he charge for that kind of service

3. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

pm sent
    Dave

4. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Thank you Dave for the kind review. To trapman99, the fitting fee is $ 100.00 + whatever work that must be done to your stock to make it fit. I do not at this time have this service on our web site and I have been thinking that it needs to be there. Not everyone that walks into the door needs to be fitted for a new stock. I think more shooters would use our services if they felt no pressure to have to buy a new stock as soon as they walk in the door. As a fitter it is important to give a shooter a proper evaluation to determine if a new stock is necessary. Again thank you for the review and good shooting to all. Have a great weekend.

Dennis DeVault

5. chuckwagoncook

chuckwagoncook TS Member

Good to hear, I go Monday for my fitting, looking forward to meeting Dennis and crew.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Were he not so far away and were there not a border between us I'd be making an appointment TODAY!

7. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Made my appt. today!

8. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

can he fit a pfs?

9. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Tracyhunter, yes Dennis can make anything fit better, unless it already fits you.

10. chuckwagoncook

chuckwagoncook TS Member

Just wanted to do a follow up on my visit with Dennis and his crew. I had a great time meeting everyone there, they all treated me as if they have known me for years. Excellent customer service, excellent quality craftsmenship. Dennis did a great job fitting my gun to me, it felt good with alot less felt recoil at the face as well as the shoulder. I have been fighting trying adjustments for 9 months, and had made no good progress, few hours with Dennis and his team made all the difference. I now look forward to going thru the Double D shooting clinic in the very near future, to get more of his great customer service. We have the gun fitting nicely, now we need to work on me....LOL

Thank you Dennis it was a pleasure. Thanks to Trapshooters.com members for responding to my needs with such a great referral.

Rodney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.