1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Devault Infinity vs Silver Seitz

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gun fitter, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

From a purely technical side the Infinity is a more modern gun and has some innovations that none of the Seitz Guns share. The Silver Seitz is the only one of the Seitz like guns to consider. It should come down to which you feel you'll shoot better. If it is a new gun Dennis offers one thing I do not believe you can get from Jerry Phillips The no charge custom fitting.

Dennis Fits his guns himself and the stocks are made in house an advantage on the fitting side. In the end some shoot one better than the other but there both good guns.

Just an oppinion. Don't linch me.
    Joe Goldberg

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

MX you have something of a point but even if you don't have your fitter with you it will be quite close if it is fitted properly and you won't have to use 1/2 inch of spacers to get the comb right.
    Joe

3. viperrt

viperrt Member

I agree with MX8. I have 3 custom stocks and one on the way. Every one of them including the one made by Dennis has an adjustable comb and a adjustable butt plate. Final tweaking is necessary!

As for the Infinity over the Silver Seitz, I will stick with my Seitz. The absolute best trigger I have ever pulled. The service from Rich Phillips is fantastic just as Mr. DeVault's is I'm sure. Not sure why someone above feels the design of the Seitz is passe'. Bill

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I am considering one of the two of these. Chances are I would not end up with an Infinity, as it is only available in 33" barrel model as far as I know. Seitz is available in 34 or 35. I'd lean toward the 35 "adjustable rib model.
    Shoot a mx-2000 35" and like that alot.
    The infinity is definitely an impressive gun for the money. Good luck, Puablo

5. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

If you are leaning more towards the Seitz, I would also too look at a Bowen. Everything is included in the price, release/pull triggers, fitting, and the confidence your firearm will out last you! Just my 2-cents.

J.D.

6. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I recently bought an Infinity, I went to Canton OH for Dennis to fit the gun to me. I also had him build me a custom stock for my K-80TS, a gun I truly love but needed a stockmaker who understood what a true trapshooter gunfit would be. Dennis was the guy. He made me a stock for the K80TS and made me an Infinity that fit like a glove. No cheek slap, No recoil that I noticed. Just comfort for both guns. I think the wood was great, but the compliments I get on the wood surpass anything I expected. All this for the basic price of $9,995 plus shipping to California. I believe that the Bowens and the Seitz and Lutic and Alferman are really great guns and have contributed to our sport, but I selected Dennis DeVault because he really delivers a custom fit gun with all the personal care that I wanted and couldn't get anywhere else for the least price. By the way, he won't be able to keep this up forever, so if you want an Infinity with the great wood and the custom fitting and everything I got for $9,995, get your deposit in now.
    Tom

7. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

There isn't a trap gun in the world worth $9,995.00 99% of trap shooters
    would do just as well with a BT-99 or TM-1. It just seems that some need
    the bling of a $10,000 plus gun.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Try a custom built Infinity and maybe you would hit more targets sky-buster.

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I strongly agree with shannon391. A Ljutic, Infinity, etc. is more than mere "bling"...I started shooting a new to me, but used Ljutic, and it breaks lots more targets for me. The gun before this was a fine gun and fit me too; the Ljutic is just a better purpose-built tool for the job. It helps me shoot much better than I really could with other guns...including P and K guns.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Its an effort in futility, here we're trying to explain the difference of two high performance sports cars to the audience who has never driven a Porsche or a BMW on the autobahn at speeds over 180mph, wanna bees get a life---these guns are way above the masses who over nothing but critcism, without ever shooting one--Lou

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ok I'll take a stab at the above stmts.. Yes any gun will break the targets even an 870 with the correct choke will be almost identical in score on targets if it is pointed in the correct place and the trigger is pulled at precisely the right moment. Problem is most can't shoot the 870 with it's horrible trigger and factory stock as well as the high end guns mentioned above. The other problem is I'm skeptical that guns like the 870 or Bt will ever hold up to the pounding of say 1,000,000 targets. The good guns will. You could put $5000 in to almost any gun and you would have a great target gun with a superb trigger and custom fitted stock but will it last. For around $10,000 you can get one built for you that will last forever. Seems the more I think about it Dennis & Jerry your giving the guns away too cheap time to raise the prices.

SkyBuster get a purpose built trap gun and you could change your name to TargetBuster.LOL Joe

12. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Hey gun fitter. I have no dog in this race. Dennis is a friend and I own a Seitz and Ljutic. One important point and mis truth in your statement. Check the ATA Hall Of Fame. You will find an 870 that has shot over 1,000,000 ATA registered targets plus who knows what else. It belonged to my friend named Tony Olivito from Ohio and he received a new gun from Remington after they retired the old 870 to the museum. Motordoc

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Motodoctor, Dennis is a very close friend and I know Jerry as well. I am curious if you have a list of parts that Tony went through on his way to that monumental achievement. Have you looked at the newer 870's are they as good as the older ones? Do you think that the 870 ever broke down? How about firing pins, trigger groups, and springs. Ejectors. To my knowledge not one Mach One or Infinity has ever broken a spring or firing pin. There's always someone out there who is ready to call me out. Do you really think an 870 is as strong or durable as an Infinity or Silver Seitz?

I'll admit I fumbled that one. I should have said an 1100 or 391. But really which do you think is more durable?
    Joe

14. motordoctor

all right fight is over. no I don't know how many pieces it took to get to the million mark. Only made a point that there is an 870 that did the job. Tony probably had a whole box of trigger groups and springs. Dennis makes a fine gun and wish i had one. Probably will one day when the world gets back on course. Oh yea. the hammer spring had to be replaced on my seitz and one on the ljutic also. Trigger spring on the seitz but like the rest it depends on how it is taken care of. Not trying to start a fight with you. only adding my 1 cent worth. joe

15. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

OK Guys,

Enough of the battle, all of the guns that are being sold out there today are good products. But to debate one gun over another is crazy. This is the same conversation you would have over what is the better car, Ford, Chevy, Honda, etc. it will never end. The best gun out there is the gun that you can break targets with, end of story. Thank you to all that responded in my behalf but this dog is done hunting let it die.

Dennis DeVault

Kim Z. thanked this.
  16. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

One more important point. I love all the responce it makes me feel warm and fuzzy but I must say that some of the people that responded to this thread have never seen or shot a new Infinity. How can you form an honest opinion? To me it makes more sense to judge the gun on it's own merits not by someone elses standards. For Oilburner if you want to know how good the gun is, come to the shop and take the demo gun out for a spin, shoot as many shells as you like, then form your own opinion on the merits of the gun. Thank you again to all that will listen.

Dennis DeVault

Kim Z. thanked this.
  17. motordoctor

OK Dennis Ford or Chevy. Also the Honda 4 cylinder with turbo charger and about 700 horses. Don't forget the hemi. 638 horses for the new corvette and the Viper great vehicle but hard to get my gun case in the trunk. When you drive the hot rods do you use high test or regular with the knock sensor. OK OK ONly pulling your leg. Yes they are all great guns. motordoc

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Custom fit for target breaking and comfort of shooting means alot especialy if you shoot the whole program. I seen some chewed up shoulders and bruised faces at the end of the State shoot.

19. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Set up a bid line for this Fridays Mn State shoot youth auction and you too can own one of Dennis's great guns.

Mark Zauhar

20. pdq

pdq Member

To counter an earlier comment, I bought a new Silver Seitz in early 2007 and Rich **did** custom fit the stock to me. Nothing radical, but nothing radical was needed. It came with an adjustable comb, and I paid extra for the adjustable rib and butt plate, so easy to fine tune. Also sent the barrel to Wilkinson to have choke tubes fitted.

Very easy gun to shoot, and great service from Rich. I wanted to go to a different style rib & for a reasonable fee he traded me.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
devault industries silver seitz
devault infinity
devault trap guns
silver seitz
silver seitz vs
silver seitz vs devault infinity

silver seitz vs infinity

silver seitz worth the money