1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& DeVault Industries Web Site%%

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well after 8 days of having my face buried in the computer the web site is finally done. My computer tech Mike and I worked hard to change the face of the site. I tried to make it as simple to read and move around in as I could. There is additional pages and photos in most areas. If you have the opportunity go in and take a look I would like a little feed back on how well you folks like what you see. Good or bad comments alike I am looking for feedback. Thank you in advance and have a great week.

Dennis Devault

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Very nice Dennis. Easy to find info and great photos.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Very nice website.

The pictures are clear and show the work well.

It is easy to navigate, and gets the message across without a lot of slow loading extras.

Good work with the site, as well as the products it shows.

4. LGFERG

LGFERG TS Member

A couple of things that may be helpfull. Center "Engineered shooting solutions"
    underneath Devault Industries LLC.
    Remove any extra rows or columns not in use such as the bottom of the following page. http://www.devaultind.com/Used_Guns2.htm
    That will help make the site look cleaner.

I would also say that you need to keep in mind what customers see on the internet may be the first contact they have with your bussiness and will immediately let them form an opinion of your bussiness. With that being said it is ultimately up to you to decide if it meets your needs and reflects your bussiness.

Tim Ferguson
    La Grande Oregon

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Hi Dennis - very minor point, I have always like your adjustable comb hardware, particularly the "large" set that uses jack screws instead of plastic washers, and have recommended them highly to any looking for such a kit.

I dont's see any of the adjustable comb hardware kits on the Products page, just the plastic washers.

Did you quit making them or are they just not shown?

Cheers

Stephen Meyers

6. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Hi Dennis Do you not do your conversion anymore New stock plus rib for
    $ 3500.00 jbm

7. Dennis DeVault

First thank you for the imput so far. I found a page with the famous red X's and have now update and posted that section. The hardware is being remade into a new style and will be available soon. The 391 conversion is still being made but I am taking new photos for that project. We currently have four of them in production. In the front page the engineered shooting wording is not supposed to be aligned it was offset on purpose and was done from a logo design. Thank you and keep the feedback coming.

Dennis

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis,

Can you put a blank line or a dot or a thin line between each of your menu items down the center? They sort of all run togther. Fixing this might push them down past the bottom of your pictures which you might be able to solve by shortening some of the menu items or widening the menu area slightly. Everything's related. Kind of like stock fitting?

Love the pictures.

Joe

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Your new web site looks great Dennis! Good job!! All that eye candy in one place, priceless!

Hap

10. shotgunjoej

shotgunjoej TS Member

Up for new site.

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

You could alternate the main menu items on your front page: underlined, not underlined. Or maybe change the colors.

12. Dennis DeVault

Hi Joe,

Cange which colors? The underline shows that the word is linked don't I want that there?

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.