1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeVault Industries Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap4ever, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap4ever

trap4ever Member

Several years ago I sent my MX2000 stock to Dennis DeVault for refinishing and he did such a great job on it, I made a trip out to Ohio to have my TM-1 restocked by Dennis DeVault. I sent my TM-1 to him, along with my basic measurements, about 2 weeks prior to making the trip. When I arrived at his shop, Tracy already had a try-stock on the gun. After several times of mounting the gun for Dennis, he would tell Tracy to add a little here, take a bit off here, etc. Tracy would head back to his work area for 15 or 20 minutes and return with the changes made. We did this about 5 times over the course of a couple of hours. Once Dennis was satisfied with the fit, I went out back to fire a couple of shots at a patterning board to make sure the gun wasn't pinching my cheek and it shot where I was looking. Then we were off the the infamous "Mud Run" gun club. Once there, I purchased a couple of practice round tickets and proceeded to shoot a couple of rounds. After I shot my 1st two targets, Dennis went back up to the club house to chat with some club members, I just crushed the targets. My TM1 was shooting exactly where I was looking. After a nice lunch with the guy's at the club we headed back to the shop to pick out some wood.

Since several examples of his guns have been placed on TS lately, I figured you might enjoy seeing his work on a gun he didn't make. Before I left the shop to head home I was asked what checkering pattern I'd like done on the stock. I told Cindy to have a ball and do a pattern she has wanted to try. I want to especially thank Cindy for the outstanding job of checkering she did on the stock.

2. mt

mt Member

that is really beautiful, may i ask how much it costed to get fitted? thank you

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

That thing is so nice it hurts to look at it. Bill

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The nicest gun I have ever seen "PERIOD". But were all waiting for the cost.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Wow. That's beautiful.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

trap4ever, How do you like the Precision trigger? Hauxfan!

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Gee whiz a willerkeers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to know the cost too I would love to have that on my Seitz.
    Don

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for all the complements and thanks to the gentleman that posted the photo's. The cost for a tang style receiver labor only is $1,800.00 + the cost of the wood. Since wood varies in price so often we let you hurt yourself as bad as you would like. Again thank you to all and a special thanks to my wife Cindy that just started checkering about ago, she was a great catch and bakes a mean cherry pie as well. How I ever got so lucky is a mystery.

Dennis DeVault

9. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

That's the best checkering pattern I have ever seen. The whole stock set is a work of art.

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Not only do Dennis and Cindy do beautiful work... these are truly nice people. It is worth the trip to Canton, Ohio to just spend time with them. Cindy and my wife Susan really hit it off and we almost moved to a lake close to the shop. Dennis simply knows how to fit a gun properly and make it look wonderful.
    Fred

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

PerazziBigBore, I know what you mean and I shoot mine too, but WOW that is drop dead gorgeous. I think Dennis should make one for me and I will display it wherever I go as advertisement for him. What DO YOU THINK DENNIS??
    Don

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comeback, Trap4ever. I hear they are supposed to be good.

Good luck with the release, I've been using one for 20+ years now.

Hauxfan!

13. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I too have a special piece put away, I am waiting for someone to duplicate a stock for me that I made using Bondo.
    Don

14. Dave Thoele

Dave Thoele TS Member

Now I suppose you won't shoot with me anymore with my 35 yr. old beat-up TM-1.
    That's ok, will squad with the girls. At my age, I can still "look" can't I !!
    What a awesome job he did. See ya in April. Two month of 80 degrees is getting boring. (Ya, right) Dave

15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Spectacular!!....wish Dennis was close and there wasn't a border and a bunch of anti-gun customs crap separating us....

16. Orange_Hat

Orange_Hat TS Member

I went up to Dennis last winter to have my Beretta 391 fitted up to me, and I have nothing but good words to say about his work. It fits me like a glove. Here's a few pictures of the finished product done in quilted maple:

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

My father went up to Dennis this winter to get his Beretta 391 fitted up to him, except with birdseye maple instead of quilted. I'm sure it will turn out just as good and we will have pictures of it too sometime this spring.

Regards, Evan Storch

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Orange_Hat:

Ok I guess you see the pictures are not showing up only the links.

If you want them all to show up in your post just go back to your photo bucket and copy and paste the HTML Tag link instead of IMG Code one like you did above.

that way we all can see them at 1 time.

Just thought you might be wondering why they didn't show up.

Foghorn

18. Orange_Hat

Orange_Hat TS Member

Don't worry, I got them working now...just figured it out.

Evan Storch

19. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Orange_Hat:

L.O.L. ok guess you figured it out before I finished submitting my post.

I must say sure looks different especially after being used to looking at a lot of dark wood.

Looks nice.

Foghorn

20. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

trap4ever:
    In the pic here, on the bottom of the stock where the grip cap is, there appears to be a white stripe or line that runs from the grip cap toward the end of the stock. Is it possible for you to post a pic of the bottom of the stock so we could see this better?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.