1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeVault Industries Custom Stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

yup!

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

John,
    I know your pain. Having night sweats and finger contractions while I am waiting for mine.

3. kreith

kreith Member

Outstanding looking gun!!! I have a fitting for a custom stock on October 8th and I visited Cecil Fredi in Vegas 2 weeks ago to pick out a great piece of wood. I can't wait to have Dennis do my stock work.

The only thing that scares me is being without my gun for 4-6 weeks.

Cory

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Unbelievable wood!!! I cant wait to have Dennis do one for my Ljutic. Steve

5. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

John,

I am a little confused by your comments seeing as we do not have your gun here to begin making the stock. You came in for the fitting, took the demo stock with you to shoot the grand and we have not received it back to do the work. PLease call me when you can because when I last spoke to you, you wanted the Delrin rin installed on the O/U barrels like we did on the single. The shop number is 330-456-6070 or call my cell at 330-936-5102.

Dennis DeVault

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

WOW! That is really something Gary. I can see why you are so pleased. I hope to make the trip to Canton in the next year. Jeff

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Ok so I have a question and mean no disrespect whatsoever. I met Dennis and gang at the KY state shoot and have alot of respect for their work...but cant afford it :) Anyways, if this is a stock custom fit to you...which it obviously is...why does it have an adjustable comb? Like I said, no disrespect..just an honest question.

Forrest

8. Josephdog

Josephdog TS Member

The adjustable comb on my Dennis built stock came in handy this year. I've been having a lot of dental work done on the mount side. In my spring clinic, Harlen Campbell moved my comb slightly to compensate for missing teeth and bone. I will add that the dental work did nothing to reduce my weight.
    I cannot recommend a custom stock from Dennis or a Harlen Campbell clinic more vigorously

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hey Super x Jeff what are you going to Canton for Chinese Food ???

10. guncase

guncase TS Member

HEY ALL,,,, I had a piece of wood that I wanted to put on a 3200 I have had for a while. I talked to Dennis about it. I had the measurements off my Kolar that fit almost perfectly, but I had to sell it. He didn't argue with me! Took an old "Bondo Stock"and cut it as I wanted and sent it to me to try and be sure. I took some off here and put some on there, shot it for a month and sent it back!
    The finish product is the best fitting stock I could ever imagine!! shoots right where I want it too. If I miss a target with this stock,,,, It is MY fault. Just a chunk of Claro Walnut but he made it a masterpiece.

Shot only 600 targets this yr ,, 3-99s, 2=98s, and 1-100 . Thanks Dennis!! Paul Sedwick

11. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hey,

It's nice to see everyone happy .To amswer the question on why the cut comb. It is our policy here to install cut adjustable combs when the gun leaves our shop. The first reason is for any weight gain or loss during the time the person owns the gun. 4 to 5 lbs will change the alignment on the barrel. The second reason is for resale if the customer ever sells the gun it may have enough adjustment to fit the next person.

Dennis DeVault

12. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Thanks for the clarification Dennis....I never thought about 4 or 5 lbs making that much difference but I suppose it could. And it would definitely add to the resale. Like I said...I like your work and was just curious.

Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

devault indstries custom wood stock opinions

devault industries bowen stock